Ballet Directors Invitation | BERLIN 2013

Dear Ballet Directors,

''ART of'' would like to cordially invite you to Berlin this August.

Our main goal is to create an exchange between directors, ballet masters, dancers and us in order to discuss the challenges that companies are facing today regarding the dance education and experience of dancers at the start of their career.

We would also like to invite you to come and observe classes during our course in order to find and audition new talent for your company or school.

The second edition of our Summer Course, the ART of Ballet Summer Course Berlin 2013 will take place between the 5th of August and the 17th of August 2013 with the kind support of William Forsythe and the Semperoper Ballett Dresden in cooperation with the State Ballet School Berlin where our course is held.

All our dancers have a very high level, are of professional or pre-professional level and are classically trained with experience in contemporary dance.

Last season many directors made contacts with dancers who ended up working in their company.

More information about our course can be found on our website: www.art-of.net

We hope to hear from you and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.

Sincerely,

ART of

B S C - thankyou for posting the details of this event.  Welcome to the Forum!

I have moved the topic to the Doing Dance forum, where it is more likely to be seen by people for whom it is relevant, but I have left a link in the original News forum.

DD has managed to find this when 'trawling' the internet for ballet/contemporary courses... (she really loves this sort of ballet/contemporary).

The summer course is from 14 up, so I'm assuming it's also aimed for 'others', not just the absolutely incredible dancers on their video clips of last year's Summer Intensive, who do seem older than 14.

Does anyone know anything about the course or have experience of it from the perspective of a 15 year old? (We're thinking potential camping holiday in Berlin, DH able to show off his German and I'd have a chance to visit the Bauhaus Museum. If DD was dancing then the excuse works both ways!)

Not sure I've worded that particularly eloquently, :wacko:  (unnecessary waffle), but has anyone attended this course who is under 16?