Midlands RAD Ballet Awards in Birmingham on Sunday 23 June

Luckyshoes

Fabulous what section if your DD in Choccy..mine is in the senior section starting at 2.00pm to 3.30 pm..had the tickets arrive this aftenoon saying she is entry number 14..lol..i take it we only have to stop for the presentation at 5.30 if they have won something ?..otherwise will be a long day ! 

• Like 1

Hi Tracey47,

DD is in the same section!!!

Our tickets are with the Dance Teacher so don't know what her number is?

I am watching but not sure if this will put her off!! Not sure what to expect really!!

Fabulous what section if your DD in Choccy..mine is in the senior section starting at 2.00pm to 3.30 pm..had the tickets arrive this aftenoon saying she is entry number 14..lol..i take it we only have to stop for the presentation at 5.30 if they have won something ?..otherwise will be a long day !

If it's anything like the RAD East of England awards earlier this year you don't find out who has won until the end of the second class. It does make it a very long afternoon, particularly if you have a fair way to drive home. :-(

No, I believe the student's RAD teacher enters them. The East of England awards were a normal, non-syllabus class, watched by parents and teachers and judged by an RAD Adjudicator. There was one main prize in each of the two sections (Junior and Senior) plus some commendations. So if you took part in the first class in your section, you were supposed to stay until the end of the second section for the presentation and to find out who had won.

Edited to add: Here's a link to the previous thread about RAD Awards - http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/3574-rad-competitions-tomorrow/?hl=%2Beast+%2Bengland#entry42986

• Like 1

The prizes for Midland RAD juniors were special commendations(plus a RAD mug!) and the main was a RAD day of dance/course- I think! My DD won a special commendation so she was pleased ! They were all given beautiful pink certificates !

• Like 5

My DD was thrilled to receive the commendation for the port de bras in the first of the senior sections. The two other commendations in her age group went to her two friends who attend the same local dance school, so they can't wait to tell their teacher the good news tomorrow night at their Intermediate class.

I'm kicking myself for not taking a camera though , as they had their photo taken with Ian Mackay. I took some on my (not very good) phone, but my hand was shaking so much with the excitement that they're all a bit blurred!!

• Like 9