If you are planning to go to Sadlers Wells - Northern line closure 22/23rd June

Just wondering, while we're on the subject: has anyone tried going up to Highbury & Islington on the Overground?  I have a feeling it's probably a bit far to be convenient for Sadler's Wells.

MAB, there is a bus from London Bridge, if that helps.  I can never remember whether it's the 43 or the 141.  I think it's the former.

It's the 43 from London Bridge to the Angel.

From Highbury corner (highbury and Islington) you would need to pick up a 19 which drops you right outside the Wells.

OR

A no. 43 or 30 or no. 4 all at same bus stop) and all which go to Angel. It's only 5 min walk from Angel to the Wells.

The bus stop is in Upper Street about 3 mins from tube. Don't go to the one on Holloway Road as you won't get the 19 from that one which does take you all the way if you want.....especially if its raining!

The no.4 bus to the Angel you can also pick up from Waterloo station...the National Theatre side if that helps anyone.

Anyone coming into Victoria can pick up a 38 bus all the way to the Wells.....right outside again.

Also the 73 will take you to the Angel but takes forever!

The no.4 bus to the Angel you can also pick up from Waterloo station...the National Theatre side if that helps anyone.

Or the No. 341, which stops right outside the theatre.  Or get anything up to Holborn and change there onto the 19 or 38 (I used to work around there :) )

• Like 1

A friend booked the tickets as I usually avoid weekends; Sadlers Wells is so easy on a weekday, walk down Gower Street and catch a 19 or 38 in New Oxford Street, but getting there from home is a lot less easy.  Had Lynette H not posted a warning I would have gone to Balham to change for the Northern Line.  Of course my alternative route, East Croydon to St Pancras + 73 bus is all down to whether or not the Thameslink line is open this weekend.

I'd hoped they'd stopped all those weekend TL closures?  Actually yes, that's a point, how'm I going to get there?  I was assuming I could get to Waterloo, but that's not the best route now.

Come to think of it, before now I've got a bus from London Bridge to Old Street and changed onto the slightly wider selection of buses to Angel from there.