Need some advice about an injury...

iamdollywilliams

Hey,

I am hoping someone here may be able to help... I trained as a dancer but developed nodules on my arches so had to stop. Every now and again I dabble in a ballet class as I miss it so much but half way through the class I am in agony and my feet are swollen flat. Does anyone here know something to help other than surgery, I know I will never perform professionally again but would love to enjoy an occasion class without the pain??

Someone mentioned magnesium supplements to me but I am unsure, any advice or info would be much appreciated,

Dolly x

I think you should be consulting your physician and your teacher -  professionals who can see the problem and learn your history.

I urge you to take the problem to the appropriate professionals.

I wish you well.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have thought any supplement could reduce pre-existing nodules on a tendon. I agree with Anjuli; you definitely need to seek medical advice from either your doctor or a good physio, preferably a dance physio. Custom made orthotics may help if you don't already wear them but obviously you can't wear those in ballet shoes.

But in all honesty, we would be irresponsible if we gave out specific medical advice here. I really do urge you to seek professional advice from a qualified medical professional who can examine you.

Best of luck.

• Like 2

Until you know what is actually causing these nodules to form a supplement will be of little use. Once you have sought professional help and have some idea of the cause then future supplements or dietary advice might be of benefit in a preventative sense.

Is there anyone else in your family who has something similar and does NOT do ballet?

• Like 1

I wish you luck in finding out what causes the problem - the other posters above are right, until you know the root of the issue it will be very hard for you or anyone else to help fix it, or even treat the pain. Let us know how you get on though! :-)

• Like 2