Royal ballet school JA september start date?

2peas

Good luck everyone. My DD starts next weekend. All sorted including the weird file things, I could only get from amazon. She is a bit scared but excited. Have just been e-mailed the general rehearsal thing, ekk I am going to have to ask for another day off school for DD. Here we go again. Fingers crossed. :unsure:  

• Like 2

Good luck everyone. My DD starts next weekend. All sorted including the weird file things, I could only get from amazon. She is a bit scared but excited. Have just been e-mailed the general rehearsal thing, ekk I am going to have to ask for another day off school for DD. Here we go again. Fingers crossed. :unsure:

Slightly panicking now - what weird file things?? Have I missed something?

Not had an email yet for the general rehearsal which centre is your daughter at?

Manchester, I think there are two general rehearsals, so maybe the northerners go first. The file things are press and clamp file ( it might just be for Manchester JA's) I assume it is for the exercise sheets. I think it said it in the intro booklet. Your teacher might do something different. I would not worry, I am sure they will tell you if you need something. 

• Like 1

Hi Primrose, I hope they see it as vocational and part of her development as a dancer, not a holiday. She has only ever missed school for ballet exams, no sick days/holidays or anything else, so hopefully will be ok?? But I will have to see tomorrow.

Thanks Janet, The files are called press and clamp. These allow you to put in paper without having to make holes. I couldn't find this type in tesco etc just the arch lever type (as you mentioned) but found them online at Amazon. I would like to wish everyone's dc a fabulous year of dance xx

• Like 1

Hi Primrose, I hope they see it as vocational and part of her development as a dancer, not a holiday. She has only ever missed school for ballet exams, no sick days/holidays or anything else, so hopefully will be ok?? But I will have to see tomorrow.

At the schools in our area the children are put on a register under the title of Gifted and Talented and somehow this added extra weight when needing time off for activities connected to their talent and in some cases apply for funding too.

Hope they are all enjoying being part of the RB, it is a special time.

In the past for Manchester JA's RBS write to your child's primary school, once you have accepted the place, presumably because of the time of school needed to attend Friday sessions during school time. There were some 'points or accreditation given to the school/child for RBS related activities.

As Kiwimum says, enjoy every minute, these are precious times and present your children with wonderful opportunities and long lasting friendships for your DC's and you!

NL

• Like 2

Very enjoyable first day. Lovely teacher who was very welcoming. Just a normal ring binder for Birmingham. Lovely to see everyone in their uniforms. And much to my daughters delight a pianist :) She can't remember her teachers name but she remembers the pianist's :)

She can't wait for next week!

• Like 3

Enjoy your JA experience everyone. My two children loved their classes and made some good friends, as did I. It was lovely to dance in super studios (Covent garden for us), with encouraging teachers and talented pianists. One had the opportunity to dance in two productions with the RB and the other at the Albert Hall & WL summer fair, they were very lucky.

My main advice for parents is to talk to eachother, but avoid the ones (and don't become the ones) who brag about their children ;-) This is just the start of a very long journey and most won't go onto become professional ballet dancers, so enjoy the experience for the opportunities it provides.

• Like 9