Query about White Lodge summer school

ZooZoo

The uniform list says black tights.  My son has dark blue tights.  Will these be ok or do I need to buy black  - does anyone know if it is important that they are black?  I am already going to have to buy some character shoes (which he does not have) so I don't really want to buy tights if it's not really necessary!

Thank you!

The uniform list says black tights. My son has dark blue tights. Will these be ok or do I need to buy black - does anyone know if it is important that they are black? I am already going to have to buy some character shoes (which he does not have) so I don't really want to buy tights if it's not really necessary!

Thank you!

Last year my son had to take black tights too, and as far as I remember they were just for the performance in front of parents at the end of the week, but all of the boys did have them. I appreciate what you are saying though about extra cost.

Ahh thanks all - my son is a size 3 normal shoe.  I bought some size 3 character on ebay and they are soooooo small - like a size 1.  I then got some from the second hand box at the dance school that look ok so they will have to do.  Thank you for all your replies!  I might just send him with the blue tights then, if it doesn't really matter!  I'll have a think about that!

I have just had an email from the dance school to say that he needs split sole jazz shoes for the show.  Will they do as character shoes too?  They look roughly the same when I google them.   DS only does ballet and modern (bare feet) so I am ignorant about shoes!

Yes, jazz shoes are usually made of very soft, flexible leather with the ability to flex at the arch. They have a little heel but it's reasonably soft, and the front part of the sole is more like a thin "turning spot": https://dancewear.co.uk/products/details&prodid=1519.

I would think boys' character shoes are leather "oxford" style shoes like these: https://dancewear.co.uk/products/details&prodid=1555

i.e. full sole, much more rigid leather lace-ups.

Thanks Spanner - I was at the Summer Fair yesterday trying to work out which shoes were which!  Your links are great.  The ones I borrowed from the dance school look enough like the character shoes I think!  I have had to buy the Jazz ones anyway, so I'll get him to take those along too!  

• Like 1