Royal Ballet Junior Associates 2013 - the letters are out

outofmydepth

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't despair if you have a no letter. We are a week down the line since we received ours and it does make you take stock and appreciate the achievement they have made by just being put forward for RBS JA's.

My dd has EYB to look forward to this summer and the emphasis in our house is definately on enjoyment and keeping it all in perspective.

• Like 4

Had text whilst teaching."  Does being offered 32 lessons mean a yes?" !!!!    This is for a year 6 place and first attempt following encouragement from my ds!

Don't think my grades 3s could quite believe the good mood I was in.......

• Like 9

Oh ! KatyCustard .....feel so sad for you and your DD , but also for us who will be deprived for the moment of the blog you would surely have written for us about the JA experience , however I just know there will be further instalments to this story ......

Take heart and keep dancing - there is plenty of time .......looking forward to the next instalment of the dance journey , from your unique experience ! :-)

• Like 3

My son got "short waiting list" for London yesterday. He was quite disappointed, which was interesting as it showed that he actually did want to do it.

I notice that the RAD has a couple of "Boys Only" weekends later in the year so we will look into doing those instead.

And he's keen to try for JAs again next year. He's only year 3 currently so plenty of time.

Neil

• Like 2

It was a no for us too, for a RBS Year 5 place . But a yes for Midland Theatre Ballet so really enjoying that experience, and also our 'home' dance school, which is excellent. We enjoyed all this year's auditions, which were very different, it is all part of a journey... :)

• Like 4

:D  to all the yes letters and  :( to all the not just yets, (i.e. the no letters). DD did n't try for JAs, gave MAs a go and got a no. Didn't try again until SAs (for Y10) and has got in, which was totally unexpected. So it really is a not just yet.

in the meantime we did look at other schemes and she did Tring CBA and London Junior/Senior Ballet. Both fantastic and highly recommended. So there are lots of alternative associate programmes out there. 

Katy Custard... I was looking forward to your 'blogs'... can we have some more please?

• Like 3

There don't seem to have been many posts regarding London or eastleigh ja places. I wander how many places were up for grabs for year 4 in London and Eastleigh this year?

From what I can gather, there were only 2 or 3 places for Year 6 JAs in Bristol too.

I presume the JA year system is the same as the school system!!! So DD is year 5 at school now and auditioned for year 6 place?!

I know that this might get some bad reaction but yes I am going to let her try and do both classes at Elmhurst and then go to the JA class at Eastleigh, she can be put on the waiting list for Birmingham but I have been told the classes run later in the day so not an option we have until recently been driving to London Saturday mornings for ballet lessons, then back to her ballet classes straight after and she has coped well this year, my dd wants to do both and has worked very hard this year and whilst I agree I'm mad she has been offered two amazing opportunities and we are behind her 100%

Has anyone auditioned for English Youth Ballet?  audition this Monday in Wimbledon for Nutcracker.   Love to hear from some yes's for the Year 4 London J.A's! Maybe there were just a few places?

my daughter has recently done this, but not in London. message me if you would like to know anything.

Sigh... Ok, ok I know that in a previous post I said I wouldn't watch the post for a letter... but curiosity is driving me nuts and I would love to know if anyones son or daughter on the short waiting list for RBS JAs, has had a second chance letter offering them a place at Birmingham or Bristol?

I would be particularly interested in anyone who auditioned for a year 6 place.

This may be a post for a new discussion?!

Hi Fusster, I'm sharing your pain...my dd is on Swl for Manchester and we've heard nothing. It's driving us crazy, I feel like an obsessed nutter and it has potential to ruin our summer hols!! Trying to remember good advice from earlier thread...and stop speculating!!

• Like 1

Fusser - I know of several people over the past few years who have been offered JA places off of the swl and all of them were contacted by phone so maybe stop checking the post and keep checking your phone! Hope it works out for you.

When ds was on swl we heard nothing more until mid autumn when we got letter to say that there was no longer a chance that a place would become available but to re audition.

So I suggest relax, enjoy the achievement (for indeed it is to be on swl) and get on with your lives otherwise you are maybe in for very long wait....

And then if you do get a call (and I hope you do!) it will be more of a pleasant surprise!

• Like 3

Having a little chuckle to myself Twiglet :lol:

I'm glad it's not just me who feels like that. I feel like a complete nutter and the really worrying thing is that my DD has completely moved on and dosen't give it another thought.

Right, where's that phone charger...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to see that some of you are still waiting in hope of a place from the SWL.

As I remember there were quite a few children who joined in my DS' clas halfway through a term or in the 2nd or 3 rd term , as others found it too much , re-located or decided not to continue for other reasons ......if you get a place it will be well worth the wait !

As we are mooving on to the next stage now , we have just done our last ever class as a JA .

We were bid a fond farewell by the teacher , who presented the year 6's with a certificate recognising their commitment to completing the training , and thanking the parents for all their efforts to get them to the class each week! We were very impressed that Ms Hubbard had had Mugs made for each yr 6 boy , with their names on and JA 2013!

What a super souvenir !

I will miss my early morning trips to Covent Garden , though not the ones in the dead of winter !

It seems so sad to have ended an era as we have been made to feel so much a part of the school , even though we were only associates !

It has been such a privilege to see the children dance in lovely studios (with other boys in our case ) , be given the opportunity to dance with the company on the Royal Opera House stage and receive so much helpful comment and advice from caring teachers that took a real internest in the boys future !

THANKYOU RBS for the opportunities your associate scheme have provided -;)

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share our great news. We got a phone call today from the RBS offering my daughter a place in Bristol for the JAs year 6. She was on SWL and I had just about managed to forget about it until today.

The whole family is so excited for her. Might have to go for a celebratory curry on Friday  :D

• Like 20