Royal Ballet Junior Associates 2013 - the letters are out

outofmydepth

I thought it would be nice to start a new topic for future searches.

It appears the letters are starting to trickle out earlier than anticipated.

I have just walked through the door to find and white envelope on the mat postmarked Royal Ballet School.

After a good 5 seconds debating whether I should be good and wait for my DD to open the letter, I decided it was my parental duty to open it so I could be prepared with tissues/ear plugs as appropriate.

The amazing news is she has been offered a place at Birmingham.

I am over the moon especially after reading how few year 4 places there seem to be.

I am going to school with the letter and am going to video her reaction, I cant wait :)

• Like 14

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my little pupil auditioned on the 10th of may so less than a month. Waiting to hear from my 9th of may auditionee and my 3rd of may auditionee was a no, but she's not phased!

I wish I'd been brave enough to audition for Royal but I was terrified! That's why I'm always super proud of my pupils when they go for auditions I know how nerve wracking it is!

• Like 1

Congratulations to your dd outofmydepth, lovely news! Also to your pupil Bluebird 22. I can still remember my ds getting his letter for a year 5 place - I did save it for him to open, not sure how. I've opened heaps of things for him since!

• Like 1

A huge well done to all the DCs getting yes letters for JA and best of luck to those still waiting to hear the outcome. A very exciting but nervous time. I have fingers crossed for some little ones who did the Eastleigh audition. :-)

Thank you for the congratulations, she was so excited when she read the letter :)

She auditioned on the 10th May so you should not have too long to wait, a week after Leeds but the letter was only one day later.

She is going for the fortnightly place.

Congratulations to all, it's a lovely time, I can remember  both my dd's yes letters like it was yesterday - bit like childbirth, you never forget!  :P

Good luck to all still waiting, fingers crossed for SWL - it does happen.... and for the No's - we all say it and it is true - it's not no, but not yet! 

Edited for typo!

Edited by wildflowers
  • Like 1

Oh how wonderful!

Many congratulations to all who had the courage to audition ! May there be manyany years of dance sucess ahead of you !

I think we still have our YES letter from yr 4 so posh and with the Floral Street address etc on it and the Royal Ballet logo ......

Now we are sad that there are only 2 classes left before me move on !

It has been 3 years of hard work and early mornings , but loved wandering around Covent Garden and drinking coffee while waiting with grandma .....I shall miss my favourite Costa in Shelton street !

Wonder if we will ever be back to the Royal Opera house one day ? !

Edited by Billyelliott
  • Like 4

My DD received a yes today for Eastleigh she will be in the YR6 class, last year we had a no, but thought we would try again can't quite believe it as she got a yes a couple of weeks ago from Elmhurst JA's as well so will be zooming up & down the motorways on Saturday's - well done to everyone :) x

• Like 8

my ds got his letter on thursday wasnt expecting it till july he auditioned may 1 for leeds well he got a yes i dont know who is more excited me or him am so happy for him he has worked hard well done to all the others with a yes he cant wait for september. :)

• Like 5

Well done to all the yesses. I remember just how excited we were when my dcs got theirs :)

Dancing2003.. Are you planning to do both elmhurst and Eastleigh. I used to take my eldest dd to Birmingham every Saturday. We lived in Hants and it meant a very early start.... Although we got back for about 3, we were both shattered by the journey:( I guess it depends how equidistant u live away and Eastleigh is easy to access off of the M3. How lovely to have both offers though :)

Congratulations Dancing2003 (and all the other yesses)! My dd is a JA at Eastleigh and absolutely loves it, although am not sure I could face going via Birmingham! Very brave .. well done, and good luck to all those still waiting, and bug hugs to the nos, well done for auditioning and keep on trying!

Welcome to the forum, bonnie. Very well done to those with a "yes"!

To those who were unlucky this time - this is just the first step on (hopefully) a LONG journey, so don't despair. :-)

• Like 1

Hello

I've been reading all your posts with great interested. I'm new to JAs and to the forum.

My daughter got a letter saying she was on the short list for Bristol. On the letter I have the option to consider another venue. Does anyone know where the Birmingham classes are held?

I'd like to work out how long it might take me to get there, as I live in Gloucestershire.

Hello

I've been reading all your posts with great interested. I'm new to JAs and to the forum.

My daughter got a letter saying she was on the short list for Bristol. On the letter I have the option to consider another venue. Does anyone know where the Birmingham classes are held?

I'd like to work out how long it might take me to get there, as I live in Gloucestershire.

I believe they are held at Dance Xchange, Thorp Street, which is a 5/10 mins walk from the train station, right in the centre of Birmingham