Karen Napier to step down as Chief Executive of ENB

From today's Links, there's a Guardian piece making the announcement and, other than a "didn't quite fit" comment, that's as far as the background goes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/mediamonkeyblog/2013/may/29/caroline-thomson-english-ballet-position

But NB that the Thomson appointment is reported as part-time and interim.

Caroline Thomson is married to Lord Liddle. For once I agree with restor! I'm not convinced that someone from a generously publically funded organisation like the BBC is right for ENB. She is only an interim appointment, but interim appointments often turn into full appointments. Having said that, Tony Hall seems to have been a success at the ROH. I wonder why Karen Napier didn't work out. On paper she was a very good appointment, having come from another arts organisation which seems to have been successful in reaching out to a diverse audience. However, if someone in a very senior position of leadership is not right for whatever reason I feel that it is better that s/he go straight away rather than hang on for months in the hope that things will improve, which is very unlikely. I thought that it was odd that the previous chairman of the ENB board, who had presumably been instrumental in replacing Wayne E, and the previous chief executive, Craig Hassall, both stepped down as soon as Tamara was appointed.

There are articles announcing Craig Hassall's new position in Australia in February last year. Tamara was finally announced as the new AD of ENB in April but Wayne's possible and then actual departure was known about for weeks before that although he did not actually leave until August.