LCB: Rumpelstiltskin

kiwimum

London Children's Ballet are screening last season's ballet 'Rumpelstiltskin' at selected Odeon around the country. If you didn't get the chance to see , it could be something to do with your dancers during the Easter hols.

It's great to see dance getting out there into the community. Let's hope it is well attended. Here's the link:

http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_info/m13890/Rumpelstiltskin_London_Childen_s_Ballet/

• Like 3

There's a great preview on the Odeon website. It looks like its only screening on one day -disappointed to be away then. :( It does look like there is a fair spread of cinemas around the country though definitely a good day trip option for the Easter hols.

Thanks for posting this, looks wonderful.

I bought tickets to watch the Royal Ballet perform Sleeping Beauty at my local cinema before Christmas. Alas, when we arrived they had been unable to set up the live link up so had to get a refund instead! Gutted as it was probably the last chance to watch Polunin dance with them too.

Edited by Kitschqueen_1

Well i live in Northern Ireland, so not only is there no cinema within 40 miles showing any of the ballets, on the rare occasions we get a live performance at a theatre in Armagh [still 20 miles away from us!],there is no orchestra.So we get to see European Ballet[very poor standard, i think] and Moscow Ballet La Classique[Much better],but both with TAPED music. Having being spoilt at the Palace Theatre in Manchester throughout my childhood and teens, i find the lack of ballet to watch,and the calibre i was used to, a major drawback to living here.

Yes! I Tweeted ROH yesterday and somebody very kindly got back to me [even though it was late evening!!] and confirmed it was part of the Benjamin Britten Festival [which made me think straight away of Prince of The Pagodas,which would have been FABULOUS to see live],but they also said it was to be a new piece commissioned, to be choreographed by Kim Brandstrup. To be honest,would love to have seen them in something traditional,and,dare i say it,"pretty";.However after such a long wait, will happily watch them in just about anything. All those years ago, i saw them in Isadora [Merle Park]and a few days later in Beauty [Leslie Collier].Swan Lake, of course, my absolute favourite, but i HATE their tutus in the White Acts. Yuk.!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update which I have receiveddirect from LCB on the cinema screening of last year's LCB production of Rumpelstiltskin which was due to be screened in various Odeon cinemas tomorrow :

"Good and bad news! First of all- all London screenings (Ken High Street, Covent Garden, Wimbledon) are on for tomorrow Tuesday at 1pm. BUT due to technical problems with the file/'disk' sent by the Distributor, and uncertainty as to whether it could be corrected in time, Odeon has POSTPONED SCREENINGS of Rumpelstiltskin in the cinemas outside London that had booked for tomorrow. They know London Children's Ballet are in no way at fault, but do not want to risk problems with the public on the day. DO ENCOURAGE FRIENDS IN LONDON to go see the screening tomorrow - but do tell your friends and supporters outside of London not to go to the cinema on Tuesday. We will let you know the new date for the screening.

Thank you for spreading the word of the postponement. This will help a lot to avoid disappointing families who might otherwise go to the cinema tomorrow with the whole family.

Stay tuned - and I hope lots of you will be coming to see A Little Princess (19 - 22 April) coming up in 10 days!

SO SORRY TO SEND THIS DISAPPOINTING NEWS."

Such a shame for LCB who are really trying hard to raise further funds to enable lots of talented children to have the opportunity to take part in their productions for little or no cost - I have been told by one cinema that they do intend to re-schedule their screening.