Billyelliott

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How old is Dd Loulabelle?

Wondering if DS is in the same class ?

He also has his song and dance through as well as his modern and duet . We are about 1&1/2 hours on the train , but as long as its after 10 in the morning DS can travel for £1 with his teacher .....so fingers crossed that it won't break the bank !

My DD has had an amazing week at the semi's in Fareham she came 2nd with Honours with her character solo, 2nd with Honours with her ballet solo and 1st with Honours in her modern solo section it will be our first time going to the finals we are very proud of her it's been a rollercoaster of emotions, it's been such a shame that we haven't yet got one of our groups through but fingers crossed for tomorrow for our character group, all the girls have danced so well this week and it would be lovely for them to get a chance to dance in the finals x

Edited by Dancing2003
  • Like 1

Well we had another successful day today with DD coming 1st in her Tap and 2nd in her National both with Honours.

Day was only slightly spoilt by comments from some very rude parents (and one teacher I believe!!!) who seemed to think they knew better than the three adjudicators. Sour grapes I think!

• Like 3

It's such a shame that although most competitors offer their congratulations , some feel it necessary to justify why their child has not won ! We were also the butt of some remarks along the lines of "argh ! that boy...." So it's really obvious that its aimed at us , and implying he has an unfair advantage being a boy !

Good job he has a thick skin!

I have been tempted by remarks to wondered if the adjudicators may be biased to encourage boys , but they can't all be wrong if he wins with the same routines in all the festivals ....

Why spoil what should be a time of fun and celebration of the love of dance !