Variations and repertoire?? / BalletTheatreUK associates auditions

Twinkle toes

Wow.... It was so wonderful, I loved it and think I really danced my best :-D There were 7 other girls in the audition, I'd say the standard was quite varied but everyone was very talented. I don't envy the 2 judges, they have some difficult decisions now!! ;) Good luck for finding out the results, they said it'd come by email within a week. :-)

• Like 4

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I went for the black Bloch leotard- sleeves with low back, I think it looked quite nice (not meaning to sound vain!!). Thank you everyone for your kind comments, hope everyone gets the result they're hoping for!! :D xxx

Edited to add... after the audition, I was thinking "Need to tell all the Ballet.co girlies about this ASAP!!" lol, hope Twinkletoes & Balletdogs' dd, Hfbrew's pupil, and everyone else who auditioned had just as fabulous a time!! :)

• Like 8

I had a student audition yesterday Swanprincess and she loved it too! It's always lovely to hear of auditions where it is enjoyable for the pupil! I think you may have been in the same group as my pupil.

Am I right in thinking everyone should know by Friday/Saturday, great if so I'm just as impatient as the kids!

My DD was in the Group 2 audition as well. She enjoyed the exercises, the friendly atmosphere and being in a small group. My younger DD and I enjoyed listening to the music in the waiting room next door and 'naming that tune'. We also appreciated the refreshments especially, in the case of my little DD, the chocolate biscuits! ;)

• Like 2

Hi Balletdogs, glad she enjoyed it :-) Just wondering, about how many dancers were there in the Junior audition? There was only 7 in Group 2, which was lovely because they called us by our names and we didn't wear numbers on our leotards, which made it have a far more relaxed feel than other auditions!! ;) x

• Like 2

I had a student audition yesterday Swanprincess and she loved it too! It's always lovely to hear of auditions where it is enjoyable for the pupil! I think you may have been in the same group as my pupil.

Am I right in thinking everyone should know by Friday/Saturday, great if so I'm just as impatient as the kids!

So thrilled to hear that the auditionees were well looked after and had a good time.

I will be very impressed if you get the results by the end of the week though. The company are all off to Ireland today for a short tour and return Saturday.

Wayhay! Very well done to you Swanprincess! Can't tell you how pleased I am - feel like a mum ha ha..

And yes, impressive turn around from BTUK! They are on a ferry now!

edited to add well done to balletdogs too!

Edited by hfbrew
  • Like 3

I've just heard from my pupil re: ballet theatre uk, she has been offered a part scholarship for the summer programme and a place on the associate programme! Lots of good news all round for my pupils, one has waiting list at MiDAS and one has a place.

And thankfully we've all been spared the long waits for decisions, which makes it all even better!

Congratulations to all the lucky bunheads who've been awarded places :D

• Like 3

Group 2 she had a red/burgundy leotard Swanprincess. This is our first experience of ballet theatre uk and Midas and I'm so pleased the girls decided to try them.

Think it's a great confidence boost especially after knock backs from royal earlier in the year

Congratulations to all those with a 'yes'!

It was a 'yes' for my DD for an Associate place too, which she is delighted about. She was also offered a part scholarship for the Summer School but she has, with much regret, had to turn this down as she is already committed to attending another course the same week.

Hfbrew - I just wanted to say a big thank you for posting about the company as I would not have been aware of it otherwise. All the contact I have had with Ballet Theatre UK so far has been very positive, from the performance of 'Alice' that we went to see, to the welcoming atmosphere at the audition and the speed of communication. My DD can't wait to start the programme in September.

Swanprincess - I have sent you a p.m (I think!)

• Like 5

Hi, just got back from holiday so not been on the forum for a while. I'm really pleased to say that it was a yes for my dd too, she has been offered a place on the level 1 course. She really enjoyed the audition and the staff seemed very friendly. Well done to everyone's children and students who also got a place, especially swan princess who sounds like a lovely young lady with a wonderful attitude :) and thanks again to everyone who gave me advice on my original question.

• Like 7