What does ISTD Jazz Award Bonze result A mean?

miss.pointe

I'm going through my old certificates for my dance teaching exam but I only seem to remember anything ballet-related!!! On my Jazz Award for Bronze it says I got result A - what were the categories and what does that mean? I vaguely remember getting Honours - is that what A means? It was in 2000 if things have changed. I've tried the ISTD website but can't seem to find it.

Many thanks!

A is equivalent to distinction in the RAD system. I think it's over 80% in ISTD. If I understand it correctly, all the organisations whose qualifications are recognised by whatever the national body is called (sorry, that's slipped my mind) had to have 3 categories of success. RAD went for distinction, merit and pass and ISTD is A, B, and C.

• Like 1

ISTD changed to "Distinction, Merit" etc a few years ago, if I remember rightly. Dd's baby ISTD exams (pre-primary, primary etc) had A and B but her recent Modern exam had "Distinction".

Ooh, is that right? DD did some ISTD exams last year and I was sure she said she got As. Maybe her teacher is just using the old nomenclature from habit? I've never actually looked at the certificates. She's doing some more shortly so I shall make a point of checking this time!