La Palucca

afab

I'm after some information about La Palucca School in Dresden, Germany.

Anything would be useful, first or second hand information, mainly about level, where do the students go after, etc.

Thank you

The website is interesting but, with a good webmaster, not that difficult to achieve...

The lists of graduate destinations are few and far between... and not that brilliant.  It's difficult to make an opinion...

Not many reactions on the forum. Does it mean nobody's researched it or nobody's ever studied there that one knows?

She couldn't make the finals date due to a perfomance at her old school . The costs of the fees can be a lot cheaper than many British schools . Also if i remember you had speak German well but you could get lessons at the school her artistic director at her old school recommended Palucca to us along with other schools.xxx

• Like 1

My son was offered a sort of apprenticeship which would have involved splitting time between company and school. He decided to take Vienna instead. Partly because it was all vague and not paid as well as vienna. This was obviously post training. Others said they knew of people there but weren't too sure how much contact with the company they really had.

There is a requirement in most of the German schools to get a basic level pass in language. But this isn't difficult. It's an EU wide recognised level.

All I'd say is generally the German training seems very good. Structured, serious etc but whether in the long run destinations are good I'm not sure.

Have you looked at Hamburg, Stuttgart (John Cranko School) Munich (Heinz Bosl) or Vienna. All have good reputations. Munich and Hamburg both now have junior companies too.

• Like 1

Thank you very much Julie!

I was enquiring for a kid who has been offered a place but wasn't sure. It seems to be too contemporary oriented in their end orientation for my DD. Hamburg sounds much better for her!