Pointe shoes at Hammond

dancer27

Does anyone know if Hammond have preference of brand when it comes to pointe shoes? I was looking at some Gaynor Minden ones, however I've heard some vocational schools don't allow them. I don't want to buy them and waste money if they aren't allowed. 

Edited by dancer27

They dont have any preferences - only what's best for the dancer. I've not heard they don't like GM's but that may be because we've never tried to buy them! What year is your DD in? (Sorry don't know if you're dancer or parent!)

• Like 1

We were told last year Hammond don't like grishko, so allowed her to be fitted with Bloch, after they broke I asked if she could go back to grishko as I thought they suited my dd more and her dance teachers reply was yes !!!!! Get what ever suits child not the make. It's very easy to want to play by the rules of what you think you need to do, but in hindsight go with your own gut instinct I wish I had ????

My dd s are both at Hammond and wear which ever suit there feet I've one in Bloch and one in gaynor m she got told to get the gaynor s by her teacher as her feet would suit them , and have been the best pair she s ever had hope that help s x

The ballet teachers do not like the Gaynor Mindens or the pre-broken in pointe shoe brands as they prefer the dancer to strenghten their feet in regular pointe shoes first...

this goes for years 7 - 11. 

The only exception is if the dancer has really strong feet and the teacher will then allow the above but generally they advise against them. It is better to ask first rather than spending a lot of money on them :)

DD is in Grishko shoes in year 11 (she was reccomended them by a teacher at ENB) and has not had a negative comment. We never got our pointe shoes from the theatre dance shop but hopefully the leotard prices will become more reasonable if we have to go elsewhere!!

T

• Like 1