Places still available - summer school Birmigham

P1P

I hear there are still places available on the Midland Theatre Ballet summer school. Although its non-residential there are plenty of cheap hotel options locally. Excellent faculty and amazing facilities. Email info@midlandtheatreballet.co.uk for further details.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yesterday was the end of the three day summer school for Midland Theatre Ballet and the parents were treated to a showcase of work not only by the children but also by two guest stars from The Royal Ballet company - stunning and so inspirational for the children. An added bonus to the amazing faculty including dancers from BRB, The Royal Ballet and Olivia Pickford (former LCB)

I'm still reeling by what the children achieved in just 3 days, the performance was spectacular - unlike any summer school my children have ever done. They also performed in full costume and with props they had made themselves so they truly had a full theatre experience.

This was MTBs first Summer school but I have no doubt it will be the first of many - we certainly will be signing up again for next year.

Thanks to everyone involved.

• Like 3

My DD goes to MTB's normal classes and we were disappointed that we couldn't make the SS because we knew it would be a great one but DD is up at Yorkshire Assembly this week after YBSS last week.

We'll definitely try to go next year though. Glad it was a great experience.

My DD goes to MTB's normal classes and we were disappointed that we couldn't make the SS because we knew it would be a great one but DD is up at Yorkshire Assembly this week after YBSS last week.

We'll definitely try to go next year though. Glad it was a great experience.

My DD is at Yorkshire assembly this week dtadmin.  I hope, like me you are looking forward to the performance this afternoon.

• Like 1

We were at yorkshire assembly too and thoroughly enjoyed the performance.  They were all amazing.  Out of interest how much was the Midlands theatre summer school.  I couldn't see a price on their website.  As it is non residential it may suit my dd better.

• Like 1

Loved the performances this afternoon at Yorkshire Assembly - what a fantastic show they all put on in such a short space of time - DD and her friend had a great time there this week :)

Edited to say what lovely facilities they had at Queen Margaret's too including a great little theatre. 

Edited by dtadmin
  • Like 1

MTB showcase

I never filmed the showcase on day 3 wish I had because it was fantastic and my daughters ballet teacher couldn't make it - i wonder did any one else film it and would they be able to let me have a copy - I'd pay for costs of course ! x 

my dd first time of doing this and she loved it and got so much from doing it ! 

Edited by Aly