Any ballet in Europe (not UK) on between 18 and 22 July?

This is a bit of a long shot but, as my children will be away on a residential music course then, I was wondering whether it would be possible to squeeze in a ballet weekend (one performance would be enough) in Europe for my husband and myself. I know that most companies have "broken up" for the summer but I thought that there may be a gala on somewhere. Osipova is dancing in Swan Lake at La Scala on 18 July but that doesn't particularly interest me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Aileen,

Alina Cojocaru is leading a group to Denmark for some outdoor performances:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/3592-world-ballet-2013-alina-cojocaru-steven-mcrae-ao/

The RDB also sometimes do outdoor performances in the summer.  I've just had a quick look at the website and haven't noticed anything yet. 

Many places in France and Italy have outdoor festivals that include dance in the summer - it may be worthwhile contacting the relevant tourist agencies.

There is something on at La Fenice on 21st July:  http://www.teatrolafenice.it/site/index.php?pag=21&spettacolo=22012

• Like 1

Stuttgart Ballet is doing Onegin on the 18th (in Stuttgart) and Vienna State Ballet is on tour in Paris at the Theatre du Chatelet with a mixed program 18th, 19th 20th.

schedule for the next Gala "Roberto Bolle and Friends from the American Ballet Theatre” in Italy:

19 JULY 2013
TEATRO ROSSETTI (TRIESTE)
Info and tickets: www.ilrossetti.it/scheda_fuoriabb.asp?RecordID=4683

21-22 JULY 2013
TERME DI CARACALLA (ROME)

[it's pretty cool going to a performance there, the stage is set in the ruins of the ancient Roman baths, but thunderstorms can be a problem]

Arena di Verona on the 23rd July .

Edited by toursenlair
  • Like 1

Stuttgart Ballet is doing Onegin on the 18th (in Stuttgart) and Vienna State Ballet is on tour in Paris at the Theatre du Chatelet with a mixed program 18th, 19th 20th.

schedule for the next Gala "Roberto Bolle and Friends from the American Ballet Theatre” in Italy:

19 JULY 2013

TEATRO ROSSETTI (TRIESTE)

Info and tickets: www.ilrossetti.it/scheda_fuoriabb.asp?RecordID=4683

21-22 JULY 2013

TERME DI CARACALLA (ROME)

[it's pretty cool going to a performance there, the stage is set in the ruins of the ancient Roman baths, but thunderstorms can be a problem]

Arena di Verona on the 23rd July .

oops, forget the Verona date. that was last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Aileen,  I don't know if this info is too late for your plans.

There is usually an event called "Les Etes de la Dance" in Paris each summer - I saw National Ballet of Cuba under its auspices a few years ago.  I couldn't remember the name of the event but I have just seen a tweet that reminded me.  Here is the link to this year's event:

http://www.lesetesdeladanse.com/