POB audition

afab

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shame it's that way round!! I say see them dance first and then see if there are any really insurmountable problems with the body. This seems similar to the way the Vaganova school do their auditions in St.Petersburg. They must be confident that if they've got their "right" body types they can train them to be artists as well as dancers! Will be thinking of DD tomorrow and you biting your nails in the car park!!

Oh, what a shame, afab. At least she was happy with what she had done. I seem to remember that last year she didn't have time to warm up as you didn't know that this had to be done before she went in for the audition and you felt that this had put her at a serious disadvantage.

• Like 1

Oh, what a shame, afab. At least she was happy with what she had done. I seem to remember that last year she didn't have time to warm up as you didn't know that this had to be done before she went in for the audition and you felt that this had put her at a serious disadvantage.

Exactly! What a good memory you have! This year she warmed up in the car park, feeling a bit self conscious at first but ok in the end. She was the only one doing it...

And she felt much better inside, much more flexible and very close from what they want. Still a no but a positive day because she dealt with her stress in a fantastic way! All in all, I'm happy we went...

• Like 3

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, she's now too old to audition "normally" next year. She'll be entering the private auditions realm! And I let you guess how difficult it is to be allowed one...  :wacko:

• Like 2

We are back home and DD2 safely tucked in her bed. After all she woke up at 5.30 am to get to the audition!

Thank you so much for your support! It really helped me and, through me, DD... This is a wonderful forum and I hope I can someday give as much as I get here...

Thank you

• Like 12

Sorry to hear it wasn't better news, will she try elsewhere? Personally I would take artistry over ultra flexibility any day but pob are particularly known for it I guess. I'm sure that there are wonderful things for her just around the corner x

• Like 3

Yes Moomin, she's trying Conservatoire de Paris at the end of the month... But she's not as interested as she was with POB...

Edited by afab

ohh, so disappointing :( :( but it is good that she was able to warm up outside and feel more prepared. Wishing her all the best for the next audition.

Edited by pastel
  • Like 1

I bet the experience was fantastic though and something to look back on even though she wasn't selected. The selection process sounds so thorough for what they want and very few are selected. Good luck for her other auditions.

They have such a choice, why would they bother? I think that is how they see it... If they take someone with the perfect body and natural openness of the hips and this person is a disappointment, then he/she goes as they assess out every year...