New boys starting at Elmhurst and uniform

Billyelliott

Boys wear a navy blazer with school logo (£96) and tartan tie (£20) to coordinate with girls skirts only available from school outfitters. White school shirt and ?black trousers from high street stores. They wear formal for end of term concerts/prize giving and theatre trips. On average probably 6/8 times an academic year.

Hello Billyelliott,

Just a reminder that this is a public forum, visible by everyone with internet access, not just forum members. Can I just check that your son is comfortable having his name published here?

Thanks, Spanner.

• Like 1

Hi Billyelliot

Welcome to the Forum!  I think I may have been the person who recommended it to you when I met you in Brighton!  You will find some very kind and helpful people here with lots of information!  Most people don't tend to put their children's name on the site, however, so you can get that taken off if you like....   People send personal messages with names I expect, once they know if/when their children have got into vocational school........ it would be my dream for my DS to follow yours to Elmhurst, and if he ever does we are bound to bump into one another again as we are in Sussex too!

Best wishes

Suzyszoo

• Like 3

Hi Billyelliot. How exciting for you and your DS! I also know of another year 7 boy starting and I can ask him at JAs if he would like to message your son through this site. Will let you know. They make friends quickly though so don't worry about that. I have a boy in year 9 at the moment (but due to leave at the end of the term) so message me if you have any questions.

• Like 1

Hello Billyelliot, my ds is in year 7 at Elmhurst. Regarding the boy's formal uniform, they wear navy trousers, which I bought from Marks & Spencer. 1 pair is sufficent and a couple of white shirts with long sleeves and smart black shoes. They look very smart in the uniform, but he's only worn it 3 or 4 times this school year!

• Like 2

Yes, Marks and Spencer's trousers are the ones they recommend - last till they are halfway up the boy's shins!

Another hint. They only wear formal uniform on odd occasions. During the day they wear their tracksuit bottoms (you'll see these a LOT) and white trainers.

We get the trainers, with no or little logos, from sports direct usually for about £10-15 a time depending on stock. He goes through about 1 pair a term.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. First time in the forum so lets hope this works!

My Son will be starting in yr 7 at Elmhurst in Sept too Billyelliot. He is incredibly excited. We are in the north though so no chance of sharing lifts or anything, but good for the boys to get in touch. X

• Like 2

So at last we have found one new friend for DS to be in touch with but there must be some more boys starting yr7 in September ! Perhaps there are fewer boys going this year than usual - though there were plenty at the final auditions!

Maybe some of you are yet to audition.......?

Please say hello if you are out there ! - or if you know of someone .........

• Like 1

Have found quite a few girls , but yes anyone else out there !!

Apologies - not meaning to be sexist either !

So far I know of only 3 girls and one boy or 2 if mine is included going into yr 7 that's only 5 there must be more out there unless that's why there are more auditions in June or unless they are coming from Japan or somewhere else overseas !

Hi Billyelliott

Maybe some of them don't know of, or don't read this forum. A couple of years ago one of the mums was trying to contact me and posted on here. I had no idea until someone who had read it told me. 

Exciting times ahead for you all  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...