EYB Swan Lake, Oxford

taxi4ballet

I've used St Clements Car Park for dd's violin exam at St Hilda's and also for shopping - last time I went (good 5 years ago) it was still difficult to negotiate the trees in the car park - not the easiest place to park a car and according to Google maps it's 1 mile and takes 19 minutes to walk to New Theatre.  What about the train?  Whereabouts are you travelling from?  Trains from Bicester used to be quite cheap.

We've got probably an hour and a half in the car, and we aren't on that railway line so if we drive to Bicester and get the train, it will be very very late by the time we get home...

And we would be driving into Oxford in the rush hour :wacko:

I might ring the Tourist Information Centre and ask their advice.

Sorry can't help directly as it is about 25 years since I lived in Oxford! But might be worth phoning the threatre for advice. I have contacted many theatres  to ask such things as parking, eating places nearby etc and always found them most helpful.

• Like 1

Hi. The st Clements car park is being dug up at the mo so spaces are very limited. You could try Gloucester Green car park near The Ashmoleum or The Westgate. However both are very expensive.

What time are the auditions as if they are early evening you can Street park on a meter, if you can find a spot.

I do use the park and ride but they do stop running in the evening, can't remember what time though.

Good luck. Lots of lovely places to eat / drink near the theatre, you'll be spoilt for choice.

Another park and ride user here.  The only time I have driven into Oxford is to get the train.  The train station car park is probably only a short walk to the theatre -  but do you have to be using the train station to use its car park? I've no idea.  Its one of those pay by phone car parks though and it does depend which side of Oxford you are approaching from for how easy it is to get there.

Park at Red Bridge Park and Ride and bus will drop you off just around corner from Theatre, going back bus stop opposite theatre. Easy!

Did with my ds and dd

Red Bridge is the south turning off of A34 and the Abingdon Road

• Like 1

It's some time since I have been to Oxford but from recollection the train station is at least a 10 minute yomp from the theatre.  You also need to check if you are allowed to park there if you are not using the train.

Hi everyone we are hoping to be there on Thursday too. I've tried all options as regularly take a shopping trip to Oxford. Car parks are very expensive, street parking is maximum 2 hours and the council do this on purpose to make you use the cheap and quick park and ride. Thorn hill and Water Eaton are free to park and £2.40 return on the bus, you don't pay for kids. Other park and rides are £2 for carpark (can pay by meter need correct money or pay by mobile phone / web beforehand at ringo.com). I use Peartree P&R because it drops off in George Street and only takes 12 mins - I believe all of them now run until very late night except Sundays. Check Oxford councils website for their drop off/pick up points in the city. Phew hope that helps xx

• Like 2

We are very proud! Lots going on for her at the moment but she is loving it all so much it's hard to slow her down! This is our first experience of EYB but we are very much looking forward to it!

• Like 2

Congratulations to her Dea. And many congrats to the dd of one of our forum members for getting a scholarship :-) (she's usually very modest so probably won't tell everyone!)

• Like 8