Press Release: Sadler's Wells Summer/Autumn Season 2013

The Sadler's Wells Summer/Autumn Season has gone on sale today.

Here is a link to the downloadable brochure:

Please note that since the brochure was printed, Ballet Boyz and Pilobolus dates have been added in.

Below is a basic listing.  You need to check the brochure for more details of the programme and which venue the performance is in:

10 - 13 July:  Paco Peña

7 August –21 September:   West Side Story

7 - 14 September:  British Youth Opera

17 - 22 September:  Jasmin Vardimon Company

20 September,30 October & 27 November:  Wild Card

24 & 25 September:  ZooNation

27 & 28 September:  Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet

30 September,18 November & 9 December:  body:language talk

1 - 19 October: Cirque Éloize

2 - 4 October:  LA Dance Project

3 October:  EChO Seminar

9 - 12 October:  Wayne McGregor | Random Dance

15 - 19 October:  Birmingham RoyalBallet

16 - 19 October  Jonzi D

22 - 26 October:  RAMBERT

22 October – 9 November:  BLAM!

26 & 27 October: Gobbledegook

28 October:  Frank Bock Mentoring Talk

30 October – 3 November:  Hofesh Shechter

6 - 10 November:  Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui

14 - 16 November:  Wheeldon / Maliphant / Liang

11 November Sinead  Rushe Talk – Drama between Theatre and Dance

16 & 17 November:  Nats Nus Dansa

18 - 23 Nov ember:  Stuttgart Ballet

24 & 25 November:  Ballet Boyz

27 November - 1 December:  Mark Morris Dance Group

27 November - 5 January:  The Snowman

4 December - 26 January:  Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Also added and now bookable at Sadlers, a Gala on 29 September in aid of the Yorkshire Ballet Summer School.

"hosted by Sir Anthony Dowell and Sir Derek Jacobi, starring Tamara Rojo,  BalletBoyz The Talent, Imelda Staunton, Jim Carter, Stars of the Royal Ballet, The Birmingham Royal Ballet, Scottish Ballet, Northern Ballet, Rambert Dance Company."

• Like 1

"Hosted by Sir Anthony Dowell and Sir Derek Jacobi, starring...."

Or Sir Ant and Sir Dec as they are more affectionately known on these occasions!

Always like the YBS Gala's - for the dance and being a bit different generally. Good that its in a larger theatre in London, but will miss the quirky charm of York.

• Like 1

I want to book for the Taming of the Shrew Saturday matinee and evening but it's a long time sice I went to Sadlers Wells and I can't remember the seating very well. I remember the bar being a nuisance on the front row of the upper circle (I'm only five feet) but could anyone tell me is the second row of the upper circle ok or would it be better going for the third row? Also, what about those few seats to either side of the upper circle? Are they also obscured by the bar as they say? I like the idea of not being too hemmed in. Finally, the last row of the dress circle. It says you may not see all the sets from there but are they good seats? If you're in the amphi like I usually am at the ROH you often miss the top of the sets there too. Are there any better seats in these sorts of price ranges at Sadlers Wells? We don't like too many people in front of us so we often go for either a front row or over an entrance or back row where you can lean forward if necessary without disturbing anyone. Thanks very much. Joan

Joan, I've never sat upstairs at the new Sadler's Wells but I am there on Friday evening and Saturday matinee.  Booking just these 2 performances earned me the multi-booking discount, which was a really good saving.  Would you consider the front row of the stalls on that basis?

Would love to try and say hello on the Saturday BTW.

I want to book for the Taming of the Shrew Saturday matinee and evening but it's a long time sice I went to Sadlers Wells and I can't remember the seating very well. I remember the bar being a nuisance on the front row of the upper circle (I'm only five feet) but could anyone tell me is the second row of the upper circle ok or would it be better going for the third row? Also, what about those few seats to either side of the upper circle? Are they also obscured by the bar as they say? I like the idea of not being too hemmed in. Finally, the last row of the dress circle. It says you may not see all the sets from there but are they good seats? If you're in the amphi like I usually am at the ROH you often miss the top of the sets there too. Are there any better seats in these sorts of price ranges at Sadlers Wells? We don't like too many people in front of us so we often go for either a front row or over an entrance or back row where you can lean forward if necessary without disturbing anyone. Thanks very much. Joan

I wouldn't think the bar at the second circle at SW would be a problem from the second or third row, it's not too high like some, I'm lucky and have a beautiful view from the front row.  Never sat on the sides of this circle or anywhere else at SW I'm afraid.

Many thanks to those who took the time and trouble to help me out with booking. After much thought I've booked the end 'pink' seats on the second row of the upper circle. While I'm there I can try out other seats and familiarise myself with the theatre for future visits.

Janet I'd love to meet up with you on the Sat. matinee. It will be great to chat with a fellow northern ballet enthusiast. I didn't go with the front row of the stalls as my husband can't be that close to the orchestra. However, could meet up in the interval or afterwards. Are you thinking of seeing Sofia Ballet's Don Q in Manchester? I was debating about it. Or the Bolshoi? I've booked for Saturday Bayaderes and all Flames performances. Contact me if you may be attending. Joan