Chantry Dance Company Associate Programme

Chantry Dance Company's Associate Programme is for young dancers of a pre-vocational or pre-professional level, who aspire to have a career in dance.

Our young dancers of today are the professional company dancers of the future. CDC seeks to give these young dancers the opportunity to experience what professional company life is like and to prepare them for the professional world. The Associate Programme exists to nurture, develop and inspire the country's most talented young dancers, and to encourage them to be courageous with their dancing  in order to reach new levels in their technique and interpretative skills. 

The CDC Associate Programme is unique in the fact that, not only does it provide strong technical development of ballet and contemporary dance skills, but students are also given the opportunity to learn the specific contemporary ballet style which is used in CDC by working directly with the Artistic Director. This means the students learn how to work collaboratively with a choreographer, since the dancer's input is vital to the style, and this in turn helps them develop their own individuality as a dancer. 

Programme details
The Associate Programme is divided into two groups:
1) Ages 11-13
2) Ages 14-18 (although we will accept dancers over 18 in certain cases)

The programme runs for 11 sessions per year, held one Sunday per month from September-July at the prestigious London dance theatre, Sadler's Wells. Each session lasts for 3 hours. Students receive technique classes in contemporary ballet, repertoire, creative development, and the opportunity to work directly with the CDC company choreographers.
Selected students may be also given the opportunity to perform with the company at certain points during the year.

Auditions
Entry to the programme is by audition only. 
The auditions will be held on June 30th at Sadler's Wells, 13:15pm-17:15pm.
If you cannot make the audition date, please get in contact with us anyway, and we will find a way of making alternative arrangements.

To apply for an audition please download and complete the audition form from our website (www.chantrydancecompany.org/associate-programme.html)
Alternatively, please contact us and we will send you a form.

Programme Fees
11 sessions per year, 3 hours per session.
Annual Fee: £230
Scholarships and Bursaries are available - please contact us for details.
  • Like 6

Hello Katymac,

Please feel free to browse our website: www.chantrydancecompany.org which will tell you about the company's history and mission, as well as videos and photographs of our work. I hope you enjoy the site.

Best wishes,

Rae Piper.

Assistant to the Artistic Director, Chantry Dance Company

Dear swe,

Thanks for your enquiry. You do not have to audition for the Summer School - only for the Associate Programme. The Summer School is open to all levels, although it is not suitable for complete beginners. We would expect there to be an understanding of basic ballet technique. Currently, we have a mix of levels signed up from dancing school standard to professional. During the week, as well as working all together, participants will also be split into groups determined by ability so that we can ensure everybody's specific dance standard is accommodated.

The aim during the week is to encourage all dancers to work hard on their technique, to try new styles, and work creatively in new ways. I hope that information is helpful. If you need to know anything else, don't hesitate to contact me via the website. Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Rae Piper.

For what it's worth, I can vouch enthusiastically for Paul Chantry's teaching skills at least in the context of Contemporary for adults. I can imagine that his enthusiastic and inclusive attitude would be brilliant for younger dancers too.............

• Like 1

Dear Lilac,

There are a plenty of Bed and Breakfasts in Grantham at reasonable prices. In exceptional circumstances we are also able to provide accommodation. If you would like more information, please email me at contact@chantrydancecompany.org

Best wishes,

Rae Piper.

Dear Clara,

Thank you for your message and your enquiry. Children only have to be 11 for the start of the programme and, to be honest, if a young dancer's potential exceeds their years, we would not allow age to act as a barrier. We would certainly consider your daughter for an audition, so if you would like further information and an audition application form, please email me at rae@chantrydancecompany.org

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Rae Piper.