Summer school/Workshop Performance in Christchurch, Hampshire

Pas de Quatre

If anyone is still looking for a non-audition summer school, I can thoroughly recommend this one.  I have no direct connection with it, just that some of my pupils (including dd) have attended regularly over the years and I have often gone to watch the show at the end.  The standard is  excellent and the kids have a ball.  It runs from 29th July to 3rd August.  There is  no accommodation, but with the New Forest close by as well as the beaches on the South coast, it could make a great family holiday.

The course "Sleeping Beauty from Scratch runs every day 11.am - 3.30pm Mon - Fri with the performance at 2.30pm on the Saturday.  It all takes place at the Regent Centre, a proper small theatre.  Running alongside this, there is a more concentrated "Professional Experience" course, which has longer hours, but they also take part in the performance.  Participants on the two courses range from once-a-week recreational dancers to pupils from Associate schemes and Vocational schools. 

Tina Marsh who runs this was a Professional dancer herself.  I have included her contact details below.  Or feel free to pm me if you want to.

For more information please call Tina Marsh on

07903 753167 or email tina.marsh@hotmail.co.uk

• Like 2

Thanks for this info Pas de Quatre as my friend coming over from Sydney with her DD had been asking about any summer schools in case DD didn't get her choices......which she now has got in fact but if not this looks a worthwhile one.