Elmhurst Associates, First Audition

Dea

Hi my dd auditioned last year for year 4 Birmingham and was offered a place . She loves her classes very much and the only advice we could give is just go in to your auditionand show then how much she loves ballet! It's just a very basic ballet class and they did ask her to do some stretches and she did her best but dont worry about splits and things as she couldn't do any at the time. Just go in there and enjoy it and smile x goodluck

Thank you!, she is currently on a performance scholarship with The Regional Youth Ballet and doing 12 hours a weekend with them and loving every minute! Does your daughter have to re audition each year or do they carry on?

They get assessed this month and hopefully get another year but not all do so fingers crossed :) just tell her to go in there and just enjoy it and try her best that's all they can do my dd came out smiling and really happy she enjoyed every minute x

• Like 1

Good Luck then! I'm hoping she will smile! She loves ballet and I know she will love the audition, but she has a habit of chewing her tongue when she is concentrating so she has to try and keep smiling, otherwise she makes th weirdest face!! Lol

• Like 1

Elmhurst have just extended the deadline for applications for their Plymouth Associates. Years 3,4 and 5 all welcome. As part of the program a chance to spend 3 days at Elmhurst. My dd was an associate last year and the workshop would have given her fantastic insight and preparation for vocational training. They are not paying me to say this ! Honest !