Royal Ballet Summer School

Tulip

She got a select priority waiting list? But yes she is going to Prague, however she says because she is still only 16 if she was offered a place at the Royal she would go to that one. I thinke it is because she is nervous to fly alone.

We haven't had a letter yet so perhaps we will get the same letter as yours on Monday, mind you we are looking at flight prices to Prague this morning so we may well book by the end of today. Any one had any luck for upper school from the waiting list yet?

Prague flight tickets booked for our daughter, she is so excited. Couldn't wait for the royal any longer. Did anyone read the letter that all places had been accepted, presuming that no places were offered from their select priority waiting list?

• Like 1

Did anyone read the letter that all places had been accepted, presuming that no places were offered from their select priority waiting list?

Yes that's what ours said and I did talk to RBS and they confirmed it and said that news now would be if someone had a last minute problem... We decided not to stay on the waiting list either...  :(

They mentioned it on the acceptance letter. Let me find it... That's it. Approximately 1500 and they take 350...

PS We replied at the same time Tulip...

Edited by afab

• 5 months later...

Hello pas de chat ! I wondered if  anyone else had attended the RBS day - my DS really enjoyed it and found it helpful . Did you watch the class ?  I did not , but a friend said there was a mixed range of age and ability . hope your DD soon recovers

Can I just ask parents of children at vocational school what they do about photos for summer schools? Previously we have had our dance teacher take them in the studio but would feel a bit cheeky asking her now that DD has been left for over a year. Is it disadvantageous to submit photos taken in the home environment? Many thanks!

Hello pas de chat ! I wondered if  anyone else had attended the RBS day - my DS really enjoyed it and found it helpful . Did you watch the class ?  I did not , but a friend said there was a mixed range of age and ability . hope your DD soon recovers

There was a little boy there who I thought stood out.  The ability was very mixed and children were mainly from year 7/8 and a few from year 6.  The much older girls did stand out but there were one or two others that i thought had potential.  The sizes were all very different some very tiny girls, some taller but slighter girls and a few what i would class as normal build like my DD.  They said they are looking for children who have a passion to dance and from what I could gather flexibility seemed very important. DD was injured so she was just cheesed off doing port de bras at the bar.  Tania Fairbairn took the class - she is soo lovely.

There was a little boy there who I thought stood out.  The ability was very mixed and children were mainly from year 7/8 and a few from year 6.  The much older girls did stand out but there were one or two others that i thought had potential.  The sizes were all very different some very tiny girls, some taller but slighter girls and a few what i would class as normal build like my DD.  They said they are looking for children who have a passion to dance and from what I could gather flexibility seemed very important. DD was injured so she was just cheesed off doing port de bras at the bar.  Tania Fairbairn took the class - she is soo lovely.

My DD did the insight day too and had a lovely time. I think there was a morning and afternoon class as the lady talking about finance apologised to those whom she would have given the same speech too earlier - also there was just one older boy in the class. The class was also of mixed age and ability, DD was pleased to not be  the tallest there. They all went through various exercises with harder versions for the older ones, but it was very much stressed that they are not looking to 'trick' anyone but are mainly looking for potential, someone that would benefit from their training scheme - also looking for musicality, artistry, physique and passion for dance.