Exam Results

yetanotherdancemum

Are exam results the property of the children who sit them or of their dance teacher? The RAD vocational results came out 5 days ago in our region but my daughter's school will not give them their results and will not tell them when they can expect to be given them. She is at a vocational school. The kids are going crazy waiting for these results and it seems unfair to withhold them from them. I wondered what the process was at other vocational schools for notifying children of their exam results.

My children go to an independent school and somewhere in the terms are the fact that results can be with held if fees are unpaid.

Has the school actually received their results. Maybe there is a query. This happened to me a few years ago with LAMDA exams. There was a discrepancy at Manchester centre and some results were withheld for several weeks.

I don't live in the UK and our exam session was just before Easter.  I received the results by e-mail yesterday and immediately started notifying the students of their results.  We do get the results quite a while before the actual certificates and report sheets, so as I know that it takes time to post those to us,  I give out the marks at once and put the poor kids out of their misery!  Perhaps your schools are waiting for the actual paper results before giving out the marks.

• Like 2

We received IF results on the 12th for exam taken at local centre on the 10th March. This may even have been delayed as DD's teacher on holiday during Easter break. I know she started contacting us immediately on her return. Delighted for DD that she didn't have to wait any longer (and delighted with results).

• Like 3