Pointe shoe fitter York

Boogalou

Can't help with York, but wonder if Leeds is close enough to you? We went to Planet dance just before Xmas for dd's first pointe shoes and the fitter there was fantastic, very thorough and knowledgeable. The fitting took about an hour and consisted of first examining dd's feet, then trying on quite a few pairs of shoes while gradually narrowing them down to the correct pair.

We used the Planet dance inside Northern ballet, but there is also the main shop in Batley, fairly near IKEA.

Hope this helps :)

• Like 2

If you can manage it then I would go to batley, more of a selection I should think. If not ring and make an appointment, they might ask your daughters shoe size and make sure there's plenty of stock available at the NB branch.

• Like 2

I only know of two places in York - Linfoots on Walmgate and Fancy Dance Shop on Micklegate. I have bought from Fancy Dance Shop but only once I knew what I was doing. Being a local shop they don't have a huge selection though they are willing to order in if you want, but for at least the first few pairs I'd go over to Leeds. If you do go to Fancy Dance try and get the older lady (I think the younger is her daughter) as she seems to have more of an idea. I haven't been to Linfoots for a few years but when I went before they didn't seem as informed as Fancy Dance.

Whereabouts are you based Boogalou (if I'm allowed to ask...)