First Position ballet documentary

Thanks toursenlair for that post.

Ive been following Miko's progress for about a year now and think she is turning into a lovely dancer. I don't mind admitting she's on my Facebook page as one to watch!!!

She has a natural grace and ease of style and is still only 16. And the classic roles suit her inspite of her being not bad in contemporary roles either.

On one interview somewhere on Youtube she expresses her desire to join the Royal Ballet at some point (dad is or maybe was a Brit) and I really hope she makes it there. She deserves success for what she has given up at such a young age. And also she is fairly level headed and still quite shy inspite of all the competitions she has been put through!!! So glad to see her win Gold at last!

• Like 2

In case anyone following the progress of the YAGP youngsters in the documentary missed it, scroll about halfway down in this review of a Dance Theater of Harlem bill in Saturday's Links for the latest on Miss DePrince, who appears to be fulfilling her potential:

http://www.artsjournal.com/dancebeat/2013/06/a-lark-ascends/

• 2 months later...

This plopped through the letterbox a few days ago, and I watched it last night.  I spotted the odd dancer I thought I recognised, but on a laptop-size screen it wasn't easy to identify them - can anyone confirm who the dancer representing the UK was, please?  And where was Claudia Dean?  I saw her name in the credits.

Ian - thanks for the link.  It's made me hope that DTH will be able to tour to the UK.  (Anyone from Dance Consortium reading?  Pretty please???)

Oh absolutely! But evidently Michaela De Prince has joined the junior company of Het Nationale Ballet (this according to her Facebook page and a number of other online sources).

.  I spotted the odd dancer I thought I recognised, but on a laptop-size screen it wasn't easy to identify them - can anyone confirm who the dancer representing the UK was, please?  

Am I right in thinking that First Position is about the 2010 YAGP?  

If so, there is a list of the top candidates here: http://www.yagp.org/eng/NY_winners_2010.php

William Bracewell was the winner in 2010.  He would have been one of the dancers representing the UK.  

Edited by Bluebird

William Bracewell was the winner in 2010.  He would have been one of the dancers representing the UK.  

I thought it probably was him, but the picture was too small to be able to recognise his face (which I'm not as yet overly familiar with) for sure.  Thanks, Bluebird.

• 4 weeks later...