Harpenden Ballet Summer School

Lemongirl

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In that case please do contact us, you never know, she may be able to at least do intermediate and jazz.    We do try to accommodate everyone if possible.

I'm very happy to accept pms from interested people.

Just wanted to warn folks in general not to leave it too late, especially regular customers used to leaving it until the last minute. Last year the Olympics affected numbers and we nearly had to close, this year its (happily for us) the opposite problem (unless you are an advanced or junior student!)

• 3 weeks later...

She certainly is and I am looking forward to working with her again!

Sadly for us our regular guest Nicola Bowden is away this year.

If anyone requires information about the summer school please feel free to pm me.

• Like 1

Richard Reynard was at Tring ss this year and DD had him for jazz and musical theatre. She really liked him and I have to say he gave a really fun class at the end which parents could watch. He really inspired DD who was way out of her comfort zone only having done classical ballet for the last 4 years. I also saw him in some of the other classes with the little ones and they all seemed to be having such fun!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say what a fantastic week my DD

has had at Harpenden. I was really glad to get an opportunity watch the intermediate ballet and thought the jazz class was brilliant. Thank you Hfbrew and team for a suberb summer course. We have already pencilled in the 18th August 2014!

• Like 3

Think you may have been sitting next to me Pictures! My dd was the only with ginger hair I think! I have a 21 month old son who my neighbour kindly babysat for. I had 2 uninterrupted blissful hours of watching all the lovely dancing. Makes a change.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say a big rather belated thankyou to everyone who came and made this summer school such a success.

The kind comments posted on this forum have been very much appreciated by us. We enjoyed meeting so many people from  around the country and are so pleased you enjoyed yourselves!

I would have posted sooner but a mercy dash to ds sustaining hamstring injury half an hour after summer school finished followed by my dhs knee op the following week meant that this summer school quickly became a pleasant memory!

We celebrrate 10 years next year 18th-22nd August 2014.  Hall is already booked! Do hope to see some of you again then. Will let folks know when website is updated in a few months time!

Edited by hfbrew
  • Like 7

• 8 months later...

Hi folks just to say that Mary Schon has now updated the Harpenden Summer Dance School to include 2014 form.

And I got my sums wrong (maths never my strong point) and next year 2015 will be our 10th anniversary.

Please dont hesitate to contact us (details on www.harpendensummerdanceschool.co.uk) if you have enquiries or pm me. Email enquiries are best as we cant amswer our phones whilst teaching which is a 7 day a week job for us!

There is already a fair bit of interest so book early to guarantee a place.

Best wishes Helen Brewer, co director Harpenden Summmer Dance School.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update to all our lovely "regulars!"

Richard Reynard is back by popular demand as is the lovely Melanie Agar!

A gentle reminder to folks to please get your forms in soon!

Oh fabulous! Form posted and dd very much looking forward to it. :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A quick update to say there is still room for advanced students and one or two spaces in all the other classes especially juniors who have dances from la fille mal gardee, Nutcracker and Mary Poppins to look forward to!

And if any of our advanced students are reading this who are also doing repertoire it will be a good idea to watch the pas de trois from Swan Lake before coming! My ds (who taught on the Btuk course) has very kindly agreed (or been press ganged...) to do this in order to give students pas de deux experience!

And Miss Agar is staying with us all week this year!

• Like 4

Theres a bus ( no 61) from Tring to Luton Station and then train to Harpenden (two stops).

But it takes forever. By car its only 30 - 40 mins depending on route and traffic!

Such a shame as the hall we use is only a 5 min walk from the train station!

• Like 1

A quick update to say there is still room for advanced students and one or two spaces in all the other classes especially juniors who have dances from la fille mal gardee, Nutcracker and Mary Poppins to look forward to!

And if any of our advanced students are reading this who are also doing repertoire it will be a good idea to watch the pas de trois from Swan Lake before coming! My ds (who taught on the Btuk course) has very kindly agreed (or been press ganged...) to do this in order to give students pas de deux experience!

And Miss Agar is staying with us all week this year!

Fabulous! I will tell dd. :-)

• Like 1