Ballet Theatre UK - you tube

hfbrew

Having seen thread about Elmhurst's you tube channel I thought I'd post these links (hope they work!) to the latest production of the excellent Ballet Theatre UK.  I have posted in doing dance as I hope it will encourage more people to go and support the UKs newest company, over half of whom are British.  As mentioned in another thread, Ballet Theatre uk are now running an a summer school, associates and graduate scheme- well worth a look at.

I am often amazed at how few dance students actually go to see a Ballet, even if they live within viable distance when really they should see as much as possible, Northern Ballet, Scottish Ballet, Ballet Cymru, Ballet Central. Ballet Black are amongst the touring companies, can't list them all.  Theatres are not always good at promoting unfortunately.

Anyway I hope folks on doing dance are inspired to go and watch more Ballet, whatever the company- plenty of information on the other forums!

Ballet Theatre Uk Alice in Wonderland tour dates
  • Like 4

Lovely to see familiar faces here. This production looks fabulous!

It certainly is. Beautiful dancing and costumes as always, and very, very clever.

Anyone going to Croydon on Friday afternoon? I'm going on my own... would love to meet some ballet.co folks!

• Like 1

I do like to learn something new everyday! Should I be embarrassed to say that I have never heard of this company? The performances look great but sadly their tour dates are not very local to us. Are they based in London? I could not really tell from the website. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of their workshops or summer school, or whether its all fairly new.

I do like to learn something new everyday! Should I be embarrassed to say that I have never heard of this company? The performances look great but sadly their tour dates are not very local to us. Are they based in London? I could not really tell from the website. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of their workshops or summer school, or whether its all fairly new.

The company is based in Hinckley, there is a map on their contact us page and the address for sending application forms for summer school etc is on the forms itself.

The company originally rehearsed in London but relocated to its new studios in Factory Road, Hinckley in September which is where associate courses etc will be held.  Its a 15 minute walk from Hinckley station (10 if you walk as fast as ds) and the drive is quite easy, for me its an 1 hour and 15 mins up the M1 from the Luton area- it used to take twice as long to get to WL!

Yes, it is very new so as yet no one will have experiences to relate as such. Having said that my boss was very impressed with a workshop that BTUK did in Dorchester for dance students, based on Christmas Carol. And they gave a super, very well pitched workshop on Alice to a state school I teach at recently.

The company has received many favourable reviews, notably in the Dancing Times and Dance Europe who all praised the high quality and standard of the dancers.

On a personal level I know that the dancers are very well cared for, they are also expected to meet high standards so I would imagine that this ethos would follow through in the associate courses and summer school.

They are in Croydon tonight and tomorrow-  apparently train station 7 mins walk from theatre so I'm going to try it!

• Like 3

My DD and I went to see 'Alice'  in Hinckley today and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The production was witty and ingenious, the dancing was of a very high standard and the costumes were fantastic. It was lovely to see the theatre packed with people of all ages. I would definitely recommend going to see it if it comes to a theatre anywhere near you.

• Like 2