Washington ballet

Dancinghopefully

Hi guys! My name is Olivia, and I am 12 years old. I have been dancing since January (now its April). I have decided to audition for the Washington Ballet in August ( ambitious, I know). I just wanted to know a few things.

-What level will I be in if I get in? I'm hoping for Level 3. My class, so far, has learned pliés, fondues, tondus, coupes, sir la coupe (don't know how to spell most of this stuff), pas de burees, pas de chat, relevés, ecshapes, d'églises, rende jambe, arabesque, and sus sus.

-What is the probability that I get in?

-What are the auditions like?

-I'm nervous that I'll be the oldest in my class. What is the age group for Level 3?

Thanks for reading! Please respond, this is my first post.

Hello Olivia - welcome to the forum.

I think these are all questions you should ask your teacher.  You can also call the office of the Washington Ballet (I assume you mean the school and not the company).

You've only been dancing for less than four months.  Most people study longer than that before auditioning - unless you are auditioning for a beginner class.

But - it does no harm in trying as long as you realize that four months is still very much at the beginning.

Hi Olivia,

Do you mean Washington Ballet in the North East near Newcastle? Or do you actually mean Washington Ballet in America?

I have never heard of Washington Ballet if it is the North East one; maybe it has another name?

Maybe someone from up that way could help you out.

In the meantime, don't worry about the audition, just concentrate on your dancing. Your teacher will be the best person to help answer questions about your likelihood of getting into any associate scheme or other similar thing.  :)

Hi Olivia,

Do you mean Washington Ballet in the North East near Newcastle? Or do you actually mean Washington Ballet in America?

I have never heard of Washington Ballet if it is the North East one; maybe it has another name?

Maybe someone from up that way could help you out.

In the meantime, don't worry about the audition, just concentrate on your dancing. Your teacher will be the best person to help answer questions about your likelihood of getting into any associate scheme or other similar thing.  :)

It's the NW campus. Here's a link.

http://www.washingtonballet.org/the-school/summer-intensive/nw-campus.htm

Also, thanks to you and Anjuli Bai for your reply.