Starting Hammond school year 7 in September

Pointeshoes

Hi this is our first post. My dd is starting on the dance course in year 7 this Sept 2013 and would love to find out tips from existing scholars there and would love to have contact with any other children starting at the same time. Any info would be most gratefully received x

Hi Pointeshoes. Welcome to the forum and also welcome to Hammond for September!

My DD is currently year 9 and there are several other parents on here with DC's both older and younger than this. What kind of info are you looking for?

Edited by Regattah

Ah thank you for your replies, since we have started the whole auditioning process, we have looked at various threads on this site and have found them really helpful. My dd is re :D ally excited to have got a place and Im really proud of her ( but will really miss her),but I know she will be fine .I was really impressed with the pastoral care at the school and that in itself has put a lot of concerns to bed. I suppose we are just looking for some general tips ,before we start at the school, I am a complete novice to all of this (apart from constantly driving around the country taking my dd to classes and finding out which coffee shops stay open past 5.30pm!) , my dd really just wants to be in touch with other children at the school as she is soooo looking forward to getting started (don't know how we are going to get her through last term at current school as she would go now if she had the chance). x

hiya , that was my mums comments above .I am really excited about going to the hammonds in September. I don't know how many girls are starting in yr 7 and would really like to know as I would really like to talk to them :)  :)  :) . I am also really nervous as well as I would be leaving all of my friends at my current school.I would really like it if I could talk to some of the girls who are going to be living with me and see how they feel. Anyway I will keep posting until September. 

see ya, luv pointeshoes xxxx :P  :P :P  :D  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  

• Like 4

Hiya ,

I am starting in September as a yr 7 but I would just like to ask hairbelles if there dd board and if they do I would like to ask if the boarding houses feel like home. :) I am really excited and can't wait. Also do you like at the Hammond.

Luv pointeshoes xxxxx :)

Hi Pointeshoes - might be a good idea to send a message directly to Hairbelles - click on her name and you'll see somewhere to select to send her a message.

Good luck with your preparations - exciting times ahead for you

• Like 1

Hiya angel ,

I am also starting in yr 7 I am sooo excited . I will probalys remember you but what is ur name and r u goin to b boarding and if u r then I hope we're in the same dorm. I can't wait and I am so releaved that the auditions are over cos I hate being soo nervous. When we came to the funding audition i was so happy that everyone was really nice. I am a bit nervous about leaving all my friends but I am sure I will become really good friends with everyone (hopefully) anyway well done for getting in:):):) I hope we can keep talking to each other before sept when we go .Hope to talk to you soon!!!!

Luv pointeshoes<3

Hello :) If you ask your mum, you and my DD can chat on the personal message thing.  We were at the funding audition so I expect you already know my DD.  She is very tall with brown skin.  I'M so glad the auditions are over!! You will make lots of friends.  Well done to you too :)

Angel x

Folks, a reminder that this is a public forum which may be read by anyone, not just forum members. If you wish to give out personal details, I suggest that you do so by PM or email.

Many thanks,

Annabel (Spannerandpony)

• Like 2

Hi, sorry don't know induction day date - last year we didn't hear till quite late and the date was at the end of June.

Yr 7s are not currently allowed out unaccompanied at any time. This year, I think quite a lot of yr 7 girls have gone into town on Saturday afternoons after morning school always with supervision. My daughter has occasionally gone into town on a Sunday and has also participated in the occasional Sunday activities organised by the boarding house staff. Plenty of books, DVDs, knitting, colouring or whatever your daughter enjoys will certainly be useful!

Hope this helps

Karen

There's a lovely restaurant in Hoole opposite the uniform shop if you want a birthday treat! We had to drop dd off for the start of yr 7 on my birthday last year and it's the same again this year! At least 2014 start is later so I can enjoy having her at home for the celebrations

Smiling at the thought of somewhere I can take my three girls where they might 'play' outside! They are all getting so grown up it's lovely when you find somewhere they can let their hair down. Praying that in September I find time to have all three with me often enough. With one on London, one in Staffordshire and now one in Chester the l

Edited by angel
  • Like 1