Arch Enhancers

BalletBloch

Metatarsal exercises are better. Get your child doing them correctly and they can exercise everywhere. Under the desk at school, dinner table, watching tv. In the end my dd was doing them automatically everywhere, even in the car.

Teacher said no.

• Like 1

The one where you stand your foot in I heard very bad things about but one that was good was from a spanish company. It is used sitting down. Can i remember it's name? No! I know a few boys used it. I've looked in my son's room so it is possible he has taken it to Munich with him. Next time I speak to him I'll ask him what it was called.

Well, horses for courses I guess, but I'd rather spend the money on a jolly good dance physio who can diagnose exactly where the cause of the inflexibility lies - then do the prescribed exercises!

• Like 3

I question their efficacy in improving the arch without doing any strengthening work as well. Also, by strapping the foot/ankle into something mechanical, and forcing it into a stretch, if you do injure yourself it is going to take a few minutes to remove said device and could cause more problems.

You can apply some pressure passively by using your hands, which is much safer, as you can feel what's going on, and have total control over it, and also you can apply resistance with your hands to work against, as a strengthening tool. I gave this exercise to a student several weeks ago and she's worked really hard with it and has been taking photos to track her progress - I actually posted them yesterday onto the MIDAS facebook so if you want to see if it works, have a look. Also if anyone wants a video of the exercise PM me your email address and I can try to send it to you but its almost 15mb so make sure you can receive files that big first!

• Like 1

No, they are expensive and - just my opinion - cheating! Plus I can't see the point; if you wear them in an audition you'd eventually be found out, and if you look at the feet of pro dancers, they are (like physique) all different - some banana feet, some surprisingly straight.

• Like 2