Elmhurst lower school

Dancingfeet

Posted Today, 09:17 AM

Hi Im fairly new to this as I joined a while ago then did nt use it , but here goes think I've done this correct : my dd joining yr 8 in sept at elmhurst were very excited she s already got in touch with 2 lovely girls there already but I'm just wondering if there s anymore mum s on this forum with children in yr 7 now xx

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dancingfeet ! I like you joined a while ago and this is my first post ! My DD, that sounds strange, is a current year 7 at Elmhurst !  I cannot speak highly enough of the school both pastorally,dance and academically. My DD is so happy there. They are a great bunch of girls. i am happy to help with any questions you have ! x

• Like 2

Hi cotes du rhone thank s for the reply I'm really not good at this I managed to put my first post on for sale by mistake , yes I've heard there a lovely yr group my daughters already at Hammond at the moment so a big change for her but at least she used to boarding . It s just making new friends again but I'm sure she ll be fine and settle quickly x were meeting up with a girl who lives about half an hour from us over the holiday s who s also there so dd can t wait for that, were Yorkshire were about s in the country are you from ?

Hi spannerandpony I'm really useless at this forum thing I'm sure il get used to it as you ve prob realised I've changed my name although prob bit late now lol x

No problem; I've edited my post to reflect your name change! ;-)

• Like 1

Welcome Dancingfeet looking forward to seeing you later this week. Welcome Cotes Du Rhone 1 - think my dd is is your dd room mate next term, I second all your comments on Elmhurst my dd loves every minute and I've no complaints.

• Like 1

Hi Dancingfeet

Elmhurst induction day last year was on a Saturday (I think possibly the last Saturday of term but would need to check that!) It was a very informal day with a relaxed atmosphere. The children went off in groups to get to know each other and house staff and had uniform fittings. Lunch is provided and there is the option to stay and watch the summer showcase. I don't remember any parent/teacher consultations so that could be a new thing this year or maybe because your dd is joining a year other than year 7. Will try and find my letter from last year to see if I've missed anything!

edited due to my clumsy fingers!!!!

Edited by mimi'smom

Hi dancing feet

Found my letter from last year and there was also a welcome assembly for children and parents where we were introduced to key members of staff and the children had their photographs taken for their swipe cards.

xx

• 2 weeks later...