Central Results

Dancer's Driver

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Autumn days

Thirty seems to be quite a lot - does anyone know if they all take class together or if they are split into groups?

Where it is a degree course, for government funding reasons, they HAVE to have 30. Whereas before, it was around 12-15 girls. In order to receive the funding, they must have a certain amount. Bit of a shame. but also good news as some may say you now have more of a chance! 

Not all degree courses have that many students - the Royal Scottish Conservatoire only take 12 students per year on their degree course, and they then split some classes by gender within that ...

It might be because it's Scottish, but English students can get the usual loans and grants (plus the conservatoire bursaries ..)

• 2 weeks later...

My son received a letter this morning offering him a place for September, he is absolutely over joyed and so am i, but i must admit i am starting to panic about looking for accommodation as he will not be 16 until July, I have been looking at the Hyelm Hostel is anyone else going there or has anybody got any alternatives?

• Like 7

Congratulations to your ds too complete novice! Whereabouts in the country are you? We are manchester and my son is starting in September too. He will be 16 in june. I thought it would be good if some could meet before they go if we are near enough. Keep breathing!

Cangratulations to your DS, you must be very relieved. :D

Has anyone heard of a girl being offered a place yet off the waiting list?  My DD is still waiting and despite another phone call to the school on Friday, we are still no nearer to getting any sort of resolution to all of this. The lady I spoke to hinted that they may be in a position to look at their lists after the first week of May...she also let something else slip that worries me greatly but (bacause she asked me to) I cannot say on this open forum.

Meanwhile the wait goes on.....

T