Central Results

Dancer's Driver

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Central offered a place to DS so great news ! Letter is also on way snail mail but they emailed it as they want acceptance by email 3 April & deposit by 10th.

DS now has to choose between Central & Rambert & we're still trying to work out money to see if Tring dada place is even a possible alternative. Have huge outgoings & minimal household income so not very hopeful.

• Like 6

Congrats Dancers Driver.

It's lovely to have such a great choice but its a very difficult decision, so many different things to take into account and then there's the financial side of it too.

Good luck deciding.

We still have not had an email or anything from Central and neither have several dancers that DD knows.

I have this sinking feeling that perhaps the 'Yes' emails went out as was mentioned earlier so that the choices can be made before the 2nd April (those lucky enough to have a choice) and those that got a 'No; are still waiting for e-mails/letters?

Has anyone heard of a 'No' email or are there others still waiting?...very frustrating if so...and maybe slightly unfair?????

T

Oh dear how frustrating. I heard of some yes's and waiting list places last week but not any no's

Really hope I am wrong but I think they probably send out yes's and waiting list places first and follow up with the no's later. ENBS did this recently as well and it is very unfair to keep the no's waiting.

It strikes me that they are a bit like Tring in that they tell you that results won't be out for several weeks but then contact the ones they want almost immediately and keep everyone else hanging on for weeks.

If it's any consolation, I think there is lot of movement goes on in the summer term with lots of people accepting more than one place and then turning one down or people going abroad. I remember last year a lot people getting late offers of places so don't give up, even if you are told no initially.

• Like 1

I have heard of offers being made to girls and boys. I suspect Ribbons is correct that they have emailed their first 'yes' offers. Those offers have a quick deadlIne. I also agree that a lot of movement happens over the next few months and I know that those offered places at Central have also had other offers. I am sure places will continue to come up as things settle down.

• Like 1

Dragonlady and HannahPerrin17 - know how you both feel, very anxious times in my house too!  My daughter was in the 10am Sunday audition and we're still waiting to hear, as are many other of her friends from the Sunday.  My daughter had a call back too.  It seems to me that it's only the people from Saturday who have heard anything.

I do wish all the schools would send out all the results at the same time, the waiting is bad enough as it is without the added pressure of knowing some people have results already if you are one of the ones still waiting.

I remember ds turning up at one audition and meeting people from the an audition day before who had already got yesses for that particular place- can you imagine how hard that was for the young students who had no news to focus on the audition that day?

Also all applicants ,whether successful or not can not make future plans without knowing the outcome of auditions.

I really feel for all those undergoing this process and sad to see that its more stressful than ever.

• Like 5

Taximum, is she mad accepting Central over the others? Tring I understand as need funding but if she has funding and Elmhurst??? Unless she wants contemporary as Central is doing more of.

I don't think we should be suggesting that anyone is "mad" for choosing any school over another. Different schools suit different people for all sorts of reasons.

Absolutely. My ds and myself knew how good, and caring Centrals staff are- there  is extremely good classical training there. My ds nearly went there and in actual fact his then teacher thought it best for him. Central was top of our list for some time and ds had numerous offers.

• Like 2

I also know a girl who has chosen Central over offers from all other schools (except RBS) and the simple reason for this is that her parents earn over £70,000 and simply cannot afford to pay out £24,000 for Elmhurst or £27,000 for ENBS. With Central she has access to student loans.

Spax - if you read the DaDA 2013 thread, you will understand why these decisions are being made.

Absolutely. My ds and myself knew how good, and caring Centrals staff are- there  is extremely good classical training there. My ds nearly went there and in actual fact his then teacher thought it best for him. Central was top of our list for some time and ds had numerous offers.

I agree completely. There are some wonderful teachers at Central, and I'm always so impressed with the quality of the dancing on the Ballet Central tour.

Obviously the fact that funding at Central is different to DaDa funding is a draw for many people, but Central is a jolly good school. I wouldn't question anyone for taking a place at any of our Upper Schools - they all have their strengths.

• Like 1

My DS chose to go to Central. I am no expert on ballet schools but have picked up on the perceived ranking. My view on all educational establishments is that it is down to individual teachers and individual students hard work and perseverance. As I have become more aware as my DS is closer to the end of his training the important thing is a job and not just the first one but the longevity of his dancing career and his happiness and fulfilment in that career.

I would also add that location ie Central London is an attractive aspect of Central for a young person.

• Like 3

Sorry, sorry but Taximum said she got funding at Elmhurst and Tring otherwise yes Central as its loans.

But Elmhurst if she got funding would owe no money? Or would she still owe money if got funding. All I meant was between the schools as all good, 'if' funding at Elmhurst I would rather go there and owe no money at the end of training.

Hi hfbrew

I couldnt agree with you more! Why these schools have to send out so many batches of results is beyond me. These young people are in the very thick of planning their futures and with the added pressure of GCSE's it is a very stressful time for all! Inc. Parents!!!!

Naturally those students who already have their offers will post it on FB....happy! But it leaves those who have not yet heard (not a yes or a no) in total limbo and dispair!!! Very inconsiderate on the school's behalf. Perhaps these schools will eventually look at their inadequate 'sending out of results' and change their format? So, even if the result is a positive/negative one.....everyone will know at the same time and know where they stand!

There is a lot going for the 'good old fashion' letter by post !!!!!!!

• Like 4

Why do you think Central is more contemprary....2 years in a row....they are only school in Uk, who sent student at the Prix de Lausanne....and they did very well....all way to the final....the ballet trainin is very strong at Central....

• Like 2

I agree. Perhaps people perceive the school as geared towards Contemporary because Sara Matthews came from Rambert. Their Contemporary (and Sara's choreo) is always one of the highlights of Ballet Central's tour for me.

And why is contemporary dance seen as "less worthy" somehow than ballet?

I would have thought that in the current employment climate schools such as Central and Rambert are producing more rounded dancers and equipping them with the skills to really compete in the job market post training.

• Like 1

Who has said it is "less worthy"????

My point was the money side of things. Pls re read what I said if your commenting on my post.

I love contemporary and so does my dd and ds. 2 ex teachers have comented that it is doing more contemporary since SM took over, whats wrong with that?