Good Luck to all at Elmhurst Finals

Belljul

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see they are auditioning in Japan on 25th March. Do you think we have to wait until after that, because presumably if they wish to offer places from that audition, it will impact on the number they can take from the finals?

Edited by Karen

I'm a bit late but good luck to everyone for today (and boys tomorrow I think!!).

And to those waiting to hear about lower school - keep up with the breathing exercises...... (I shouldn't think they'll make you wait until the overseas auditions ;) )

Edited by JulieW
  • Like 1

I think those with a Hammond audition on Monday have good reason to phone and ask if the letters are likely to arrive in the next couple of days. I am close to ringing because I know Mrs Pitt is always friendly and helpful but have refrained! I even asked my older son to ask when the letters were going out and he said he would but then forgot!! Now he is away on a school trip until Fri night! Arghhhh!

• Like 2

I did email a couple of days ago asking but I havnt had a reply!!!! Would like to know ASAP, either way, as going away now for a couple of days and also there is the Tring funding audition on Tuesday x

Thank you to everyone who made efforts to find out about letters. We too won't be home on Saturday as we are heading off to Hammond finals tonight and taking in family visits over the weekend. We have decided not to ask someone else to open and will wait until Monday night to find out.

Hope it's good news for everyone - keep posting as we will hopefully be able to read the forum whilst away.

• Like 3

Hi sniffymum. I know that yes letters are A4 with quite a few sheets in. So quite a hefty letter really. I am guessing a no would be a smaller thin letter. Good luck tomorrow. I have a feeling ours will be Monday as post usually quite slow :/

Oh that's going to be tricky sniffymum! There might be another A4 letter there upside down but from somewhere else! Or a small one and you will assume the worst!! I don't envy you. The Elmhurst letter will certainly have an Elmhurst frank mark so if your neighbour manages to see that then you will know!

• Like 2

letter has just arrived. Small and thin.

DD's at her local ballet class now so will have to wait 'till later but I'm assuming dissapointment management will be in order.

Roll on the MA decision next, I guess

Well the letter is addressed to you as parents JA Dad so maybe you should open it and check then be able to talk to your daughter rather than have her open it. Just a thought. I did that with an RBS no letter and it felt better to have the news come from me rather than a piece of paper.

Please don't think I'm criticising anyone personally - it's just my opinion - but I have been surprised this year by the number of people who leave the letters to be opened by their children. They are addressed to parents and I think it's important that we are able to prepare our children for whatever the answer may be. It saves all this speculation about whether a thick or thin letter is important (who knows when a school might change the way they do things - granted a "no" will probably always be a small letter, but they might decide to send the "yes" letters out on one too sometime, to send out the other info later).

When we got any of our JA/WL/Elmhurst letters for my son and daughter I always opened them. For JAs I had a congratulations card ready for when they came home from school, for WL I took the letter down to school at lunchtime and when he heard from Elmhurst he was away at WL anyway, so I couldn't have waited to give it to him!

And when you get the "no", as my daughter did for WL and then MAs I was able to compose and prepare myself for telling her - and have something nice planned to take her mind off it.

However you decide to do it, I wish you all luck and remember you can't do anything to change what's about to drop through the letter box. It really isn't the end of the world (although I know how that disappointment feels) if it's a "no" and be prepared for a bit of a reality check to kick in after the excitement's died down in a few days if it's a "yes" (don't worry, the excitement comes back ;)) - it's a huge change in your life about to happen and it might last one, three, five, or eight years - enjoy every step along the way.

xxx

• Like 11

Wow-that is fantastic Lala-congratulations to your dd! Sorry to hear the other disappointing news but I think the positive attitudes are wonderful-and well done for getting that far in the first place-no mean feat x

• Like 4

Well done to your dd lala so pleased there is good news out there :)

Thanks everyone I'm very proud of my dd she has been a star about it... even said I better show Hammond what I'm made of haha ;)

Is there anymore news out there...

Sorry for the other disappointment today but it doesn't mean no Never another door will open I'm sure :)

Cx

Edited by charlie4dancin
  • Like 6