Good Luck to all at Elmhurst Finals

Belljul

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes good luck to one and all.

Can anyone explain the format in terms of who will be there tomorrow. Is it only girls tomorrow split into groups by what year they are auditioning for?

DD auditioning for year 8 - not sure if there's any pointework involved but have sent shoes anyway.

How long does it take for the results to come out?

Sorry for all the questions but Elmhurst is a new one for us.

Thanks

Hi, my DD did Year 8 final last year, but I'm so rubbish at remembering the details! Everyone else on here seems to be able to advise of times, dates, numbers - everything! From what I recall, the year 7's were taken off separately whilst the others (8's to 10's?) were together. There only seemed to be a few year 8's, but then they're not really competing against eachother for specific year group places anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter what the spread is.

I can be definite on one thing - no pointe!

• Like 1

How long does it take for the results to come out?

Each time we have auditioned for Elmhurst the lettters have taken a long time to arrive. The first time I can't remember but the 2nd time the letters arrived on the day they broke up for Easter, a good 2 weeks. The third time this was for 6th form DS was home for the Easter break so again a long wait. On that occasion the Central letter arrived but we didn't see the Elmhurst letter until later in the day as it was stuck in the letterbox!

The letters also include the offers of funding.

Good luck today Elmhurst and the staff are lovely.

Edited by KathyG

Now the terrible wait begins for the reply letters, I never realised how stressful the auditioning process was, my daughter recently went to White Lodge finals and the wait for that letter seemed never ending. DD has been put on the reserve list so the wait is still not over !!!

• Like 2

What a lovely day was had by all at Elmhurst yesterday :) They are very good at making you feel extremely welcome... When asked they did say the fact Mr Kelly was not on the panel has no bearing on any decisions being made... and we would find out in 1 week :)

Good luck everyone ;)

Cx

• Like 3

Good luck to the boys tomorrow and to the upper school dancers later.

We enjoyed the day...certainly made to feel welcome. What struck me was how quiet the school is.

There were about 36 girls auditioning in total for yr 7 places. There were 3 gps.. auditionees for yr 7/year 7 and 8 and a third group of yrs 8,9 and 10. These groups rotated for audition/physio/tour and non-verbal reasoning task. It seemed very well organised.

My dd thoroughly enjoyed the audition and felt she had at least been looked at...in the Royal audition she felt they had dismissed her before she started and didn't look at her.

I heard one woman say the results would be out early next week. Who knows.

C4D....we should have arranged to say hello. My dd was in group 2.

• Like 2

Kiwimum I hadn't realised your dd was in group 2? Hope she had a lovely day, my dd had a ball :) Maybe another time!!

Good luck... hope it's positive :)

Cx

Edited to add spanner dd can't remember names... Apart from Mr Parker and Miss Saidi :( sorry!!

Edited by charlie4dancin
  • Like 1

Just wanted to say good luck to all of you. We are bowing out of the whole ballet scene due to injury, so I just want to say how much I have appreciated the kindness and support shown to me, and to say that I hope all goes well for your lovely DDs, and DSs. The ballet world is a tough one, and this is a really helpful forum. Hope all those waiting have good news, and quickly!

xxx

• Like 2