RBS Senior Associates

Amethyst

Congratulations to your DD's Amethyst and Jazzpaws they, and you, must be over the moon.

I think that is 3 on the forum that have yes London SAs now.

The letters seem to coming out at all different times...those of us that haven't heard yet now have to be patient over the bank holiday weekend!

• Like 3

well done to your Dd's Amethyst and Jazzpaws, look forward to meeting you in september, does anyone know if any of the current London SA 1's been appraised out? My Dd had her letter tuesday to say she had kept her place, very fast turn around as only had appraisal on the Saturday. Were not back in class untill 13th so wont see/ hear if the class has had a shake-up or its going to be a very large class, I do hope its the later :huh:

x

• Like 2

Congratulations to the yesses, fabulous news... and to the not nows don't worry.

My dd received a yes for Year 10 SAs today. The envelope arrived & I managed not to steam it open during my lunch break, went back to work (it's lovely being within walking distance of work!) but waited for dd to come bounding into school with an ecstatic look upon her face :D . To say she was over the moon is an understatement. Neither of us expected it!

But, she did try for mids, year 7, and didn't get a yes, or even SWL. So, didn't try for the Associates until this year, (a break of 3 years, I think time has given her confidence and maturity).  So it goes to show a 'no' means 'maybe later'. 

Good luck to the others still waiting; patience over the Bank Holiday weekend is going to be hard! And letters are coming out all at different times, I'm sure emailing would be a lot less stressful!

• Like 11

Well I think the odds were stacked against my DD and she has a No. We knew it was a long- shot. Just glad the waiting is over... Its a long process from form filling to outcome.

I don't think she'll give up chasing rainbows just yet.

• Like 1

There are 8 year 11's leaving Birmingham so presumably 8 places there to be filled with either new year 11's or year 10's. In London the year 10 class (approximately 14 someone thought) will move up so will create this number of places there so quite a few places although some will be offered to current year 9 mids.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Don't think we will get any info about SA class times till much later, so wondering if anyone can help with this

Would love to know what time London  year 10 and 11 SA classes begin and finish.

Also, which shoes do they prefer students to wear. My DD has Freed and Gaynor Minden pointe shoes, freed soft blocks and Capezio canvas flats. Any help woul be lovely x

My daughter is a current SA at Birmingham. They wear soft blocks for the majority of the lesson then pointe shoes of course. As far as I know they are allowed whatever make suits them best. I would stick with what she has for now as the teacher will let her know if she doesn't think her current make of shoes suit her.

• Like 2

Hi Pasdebourree15  - my daughter wore soft blocks for the first time when she started SAs last September. She found them easy to adapt to - we have had both Grishko and Bloch. We were told the Grishkos looked like M&S slippers!! :o  

• Like 2

I would suggest you go and get them fitted as they all fit differently. My daughter had Bloch initially but found them quite firm and noisy as has also been mentioned by others on this forum. She now has Freed which she finds softer and more like soft shoes. She wears them for SA's and also for her Advanced 1 lessons.

• Like 3

Yes, definitely get them fitted. Apart from for exams, my dd now wears deshanked pointe shoes, but her first few pairs of softblocks were Freeds which were fine. The sizing of Freed soft blocks is a tiny bit different to pointes, so do get a fitting.

I think it's because Gaynors are constructed so differently to traditionally made shoes, and many people think they work differently too, which is probably where the view comes from that Gaynors do the work, instead of the foot doing the work.

I have no idea whether that's true as dd wears Freeds, but I know a lot of people have strong views on Gaynors! :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to start a thread on Senior Associates commencing in September this year...If there is another thread already started on the topic of RBS SAs, please let me know, but I couldn't find one. Anyways, I will be starting as a Year 11 SA this September  and I am curious as to what to expect, previous experiences, etc. It would be lovely to hear from people with DDs or DSs who have already completed the course, or are currently attending it. I really am not sure what it will be like...so if anyone would like to post their thoughts or experiences, it would be much appreciated! Again, please link me to a thread if there has already been one started! :) Thanks in advance! 

Hello Pasdebouree15,

There is indeed a previous thread on RBS SAs, so if you don't mind I'll move your post into that thread so that we may continue the discussion there. :-)

Edited to add: Done!

• Like 1