LSC foundation course interview

jh1611

Hi I've had a look through the posts and couldn't find any thing about anyone who's been for any kind of interview at London Studio Centre. I'm being considered for a place on the one year foundation course subject to interview and physio and would like to know if anyone has attended one of these or anything similar? Any advice on what will be asked would be great, I have had interviews at other dance colleges but they have always been more informal and very short at the end of the audition day. Thanks in advance!

Is it for the foundation course Hannah? Yeah I thought it would be those kind of questions as that's what I've had in other interviews. Oh thank you Katymac, that would be great, the interview isn't until the end of April. 

OK as far as I understand:

»there are about 100 places on the degree & 30 on the foundation

»The foundation is very over subscribed

»They are producing the 'thinking performer'

» They talk about 'after dancing' a lot & refer to producing generals (people who become directors, teacher, choreographers when they retire) rather than soldiers (who become sales assistants & waitresses)

HTH - it's not for DD I think (the degree) as it's too academic & can't see her getting enough UCAS points

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

oh okay, that sounds a little different to the kind of talks I've heard at auditions and open days so far, that's interesting about the thinking performer though, thanks very much, good luck to your DD!

JH1611 I hope your interview went well? My daughter attended 2nd audition at LSC for contemporary this week, she enjoyed interview however there was one question she stumbled with and left feeling pretty down, she is waiting to hear outcome. Thy said it could be 4+ weeks till she finds out, however they were pretty quick first time round, so we'll have to wait and see.

Good luck.

My daughter is not particularly academic however is on track for excellent results on BTech I am very interested in the comment about producing a 'thinking performer' as I wouldn't necessarily put her in that category. I will now be anxiously watching the mail box for the outcome.

Thanks tutudesigner, it's not til the end of the month! Yeah it really brings you down if you're unsure of one question even when everything else goes right! Yeah that's not a term I've heard before but I'm going to have a think about if and how I can give that impression in my interview in case they do want that kind of student. Thanks everyone!

Does the Foundation Course audition contemporary, musical theatre and classical ballet separately? I know my daughter spoke about a number of different methods and Choreographers, asking about methods used at LSC, this may be what they are referring to. Good luck.

I'm not sure but I was under the impression they just interviewed Foundation Course students as Foundation course, no specific route having yet been decided for them? I'll have that in mind though as I imagine they'll want to know pieces you've seen and choreographers etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry I haven't replied to this! Don't know if you've had your interview but they asked why you want to study at LSC, what choreographers are you interested in, what are your strengths and weaknesses, where would you like to be after the course. This was the classical ballet course interview, but they might use it as a basic interview for everything else? Hope yours went well/goes well xx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...