High Cut Leg-line Leotard / Central School of Ballet Leotard

BalletBloch

Oh yes, I'd forgotten Dance Direct sell the leo too. The only "problem" with the purple one is that Central students assume anyone wearing the purple leo is a Central Associate, as the colour is similar. :-)

It's a lovely style leotard.

Oh I didn't realise associates wore purple now. When dd was a pre-senior the leotard was a pale blue one, very similar to the senior school but not the same cut around the leg and previously to that it was a green one in a really thick cotton lycra with very low-cut leg - yuck!

• Like 1

Oh I didn't realise associates wore purple now. When dd was a pre-senior the leotard was a pale blue one, very similar to the senior school but not the same cut around the leg and previously to that it was a green one in a really thick cotton lycra with very low-cut leg - yuck!

Ha ha! Yes, for the last 2 years the associates have been in varying shades of purple. Very pretty. :-)

I think sometimes, leotards can be cut too high so you can see the dancers body, nearly up to the waist, which in my opinion  looks unflattering. An in-between line is probably best for all, but at auditions, i'm sure the panel can assess leg length wherever the leotard sits.

• Like 1

I've been on the search for a nice black leotard also, my daughter like's the high leg (not waist high) but even though see is 15 and 5'7 she has a short body and narrow hips, her RBS SA leotard as supplied is very long on the body and high back even though a 2a. her other adult size leotards are extra small but I still have to take the arms up and most are too long in the body ;) so have to put them in the tumble dryer.

So do anyone know an adult leo that comes up small or childs leo that is a bit more grown up with the low back, ruched front and high leg, also it has to be no more than £25  :wacko:

Thank you

The only one that I can think of off the top of my head is the Freed Alice C which I've just bought for my very slim 14 yr old in a size 2 (11-12!). It's the same length as the size 3 Bethany tank leo but much slimmer in the body.

It is an RAD leotard though...

I don't suppose it will matter that the Freed Alice C is an RAD regulation leotard, will it? I thought they just had a Freed label visible on them, rather than an RAD one? If so then I suppose it's only like my DD's Plume leotards which have their label on the strap.

Did you find the Alice C is particularly short in the body, Spannerandpony? It seems odd to have a size 2 Freed leotard the same length as a different style of size 3 Freed leotard! My DD also has a short body and long legs so it may be worth trying for her if so.

(Slightly off topic Spannerandpony - did your DD try the Freed Jane leotard at all and if so how did you find the fitting on that one?)

No, I found it long-ish in the body considering it's a size 2. The Alice C has the RAD label on the back.

The fitter in Freed said that width-wise, the Alice C is coming up at least a size too big, sometimes 2. Dd is usually a 2a in the old sleeveless Freeds for Graded exams (Freed Aimee?) but the 2 in the Alice C is perfect.

I didn't get dd to try the Jane as she doesn't like the cut; she says it's low cut under the arms and down to the back and she felt a bit exposed!

• Like 1

Adagio Alison is another RAD one.  I bought DDs from Porselli.  Adagio give a size guide where you can match up chest, waist, hip and more importantly girth measurement to get the closest fit.  We were having problems with body length of leotards and found the size guide very useful as it worked for us.  I have a feeling the adagio size guide might have been on move dancewear or dance directs website but at the time we bought the cheapest to actually buy was Porselli.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi, I know this is an old thread but does anyone have this Dance Ez leotard? I'm thinking of getting it but don't want it to be too high; it Looks a bit too much in the picture in my opinion! However recently at EYB I saw a girl who I think was wearing this and it looked ok so I'm a bit confused, any insight?

• Like 1

Have you looked at the Dansez website?

http://www.dans-ez.com/ballet/ballet-leotards/classic-ballet-leotards/original-low-back-ballet-leotard

They also come in high back and the smallest size is X petite for adults.

These styles, #133GLB & #133GHB has a ruched front, not too high on the leg. There is also #KM133GHB in the Childrens section.

The lowback style is used by London Junior & Senior Ballet for their Seniors & Graduates.

• Like 1

The London Senior Ballet lowback style from Dansez comes up extremely high on my dd's legs - she wears X petite for adults as is just under 5 ft. 

She has just got a couple of high legged ones from the Sansha website, these are plenty high enough but not as high as the London Senior Ballet Grads one above: the Sansha styles are Alicante and Amely (which is a long sleeved leo) and they are really nice. Again, both come in X petite. They would suit anyone with a shorter torso.

• Like 3