brb : poor ticket sales

seems a lot of spare places for most of the remaining shows may why thay desided on a "bums on seats" next season

seems the big ballets still rule outside of london.

in london if u put a pair of pointe shoes on the rb stage it would sell out :)

There were a lot of empty seats at last nights double bill in the Hippodrome. I'd say the circle was a little over 1/2 full. It was a bit better at Hobsons Choice last week, but there were still loads of empty places. The recession is biting hard.

• Like 1

The Spring Passions matinee seemed to be a sell out on Thursday. The Hippodrome charges online are pretty steep at 5% too and that puts me off. A stalls ticket is about £45 compared to £37.50 or so at The Lowry in Manchester and I think the The Lowry is a better theatre and their charges are much lower. I detest these "handling fees" especially when I have done all the finger work on the computer!!

• Like 1

The Hobson's Choice Thursday matinee (the one with the cheaper prices) was a near sell-out too - and most of those were sold before anyone knew that Alexander Campbell would be guesting.

Fiz: can you not sit somewhere other than stalls? (Or you could try the new Scarlett/McGregor bill ...)

The Spring Passions matinee seemed to be a sell out on Thursday.

Sadly not apparent from where I was sitting. I was in the stalls and, although the centre block was full, I was the only person in my row in the side block.

Edited to add that my very good aisle seat in the side block of the stalls was £25 (and not £45), possibly because it was a matinee?

Edited by Bluebird

There were a lot of empty seats at last nights double bill in the Hippodrome. I'd say the circle was a little over 1/2 full. It was a bit better at Hobsons Choice last week, but there were still loads of empty places. The recession is biting hard.

Not the impression I got on either Friday evening sitting in the circle. Seemed at almost capacity for Hobson upto circle row P and beyond for Hobson. More typically for a mixed bill, some empty seats at the peripheries of the side block to row K and beyond yesterday, and this was certainly in evidence at today's matinee.

Many grumbles too last week amongst circle regulars at the paucity of notice for season ticket booking opening on Saturday 25 Feb with booking forms and brochures not being received until 23/24 February. If a company such as BRB, with a £9m plus turnover wishes to maximise ticket revenue and attedances during these difficult times, then it should recognise that this aspect of customer relations needs to be looked at very carefully and a workable and lasting soultion found with the Hippodrome Box Office.

Martin

Edited by Martinjay

Absolutely agree with Alison!The price of an excellent stalls seat at the top price for the double/triple bills at the ROH are tremendous value for money and you are guaranteed to see the "big" names plus some very exciting and sometimes new work!

You certainly dont have to sit in the ROHs "best" seats in the stalls/grand tier to have a great view!

Sadly not apparent from where I was sitting. I was in the stalls and, although the centre block was full, I was the only person in my row in the side block.

Edited to add that my very good aisle seat in the side block of the stalls was £25 (and not £45), possibly because it was a matinee?

I was in the Circle and it was packed out - maybe people prefer the view from higher up. I reckon BRB broke even at the very least on Thursday.