ENBS/Elmhurst 6th form finals

balletla

It seems like everyone is talking about different stages of training and yes we are getting off topic, as with everything there are pros and cons to vocational training.

It is all well and good if you have an excellent training facility like YDA on your doorstep if younger DD had not gone to VS we would have had a 4hr round trip 3 times a week plus more days as she got older in order to access to training needed . Complete nightmare when they have homework and sleep to pack into their day and myself a business to run.

Pre-vocational many people will be packing in lots of hours with normal dance classes,associate programmes,EYb,NYB etc, I hadn't realised how much everyone was actually doing .......at lower school my dd's are doing around 15hrs dance plus 3 more hours when you reach adv 1 and 4hrs vocal a week but the academics although excellent are limited.

Good Luck to all the students awaiting results and attending Central this weekend!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Despite dd getting to finals she didn't get an offer of a place  :( , but to be honest she wasn't even planning on auditioning ( and only tried Elmhurst) so I think I am more disappointed than she is. It has taken ma a few weeks to get my head round it all but her heart is on MT-it is amazing that at least when you know what your dc want you can 'move on'. 

Thanks to all those who have given me advice over discussing all the options with dd at this difficult (year 11) time xx

• Like 2

Well at least she has the audition experience to look back on and she gave it a go as she wasnt even going to audition initially was she. It also seems to have clarified that she wants MT so all in all a good outcome! :) Good Luck to you both.

• Like 1