Tring Scholarships

Spax

They could be waiting for candidates to accept at other institutions first, so to be able to offer to those who are likely to actually attend the school.  I know in the past Tring had a long waiting list for dadas places, with some of those who finally took up the places being quite a way down the list, as others decided to take up offers at other schools.  Tring's final was very early this year  - I expect a decision made before the new nightmare dada scheme was announced - they'll now be carefully making sure the books are balanced.

Hope there's good news for all waiting to hear & also positive thoughts to those attending Elmhurst final today.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the "no" letter from Tring for a 6th form dance scholarship yesterday. Not unexpected but such a shame for my DD who has worked so very hard.

She's been offered a place at Northern Ballet School too, and although it looks cheaper than Tring in terms of tuition costs, when you add up all of the accommodation and living costs, insurance etc etc (plus the cost of a couple of A levels in the evenings), it is no more affordable for us (just the worng side of the divide to even apply for a DADA).

SO that's that for this year. On to plan B.

Best wishes to all who are trying to find a way to "do dance" this year x

I am so sorry to hear this Tutuesque. Your talented DD is the real life example of who the EFA are failing with this new DaDa scheme; just outside the scheme with no hope of affording a fully paid place. I hope your Plan B helps your DD and wish you lots of luck for the future.

• Like 4