Classical leotard

straceydor

What is a classical leotard and how do they differ from the ordinary ones ?

dd going to Tring easter course and they have asked for at least one classical leotard.

Also dd is going on her own and doesnt know any one. she is excited but i am nervous

It would be the type worn for normal ballet lessons/exams. The children at easter school always wear a variety of styles - I expect they just don't want children to only take sparkley ott ones.   

Your dd will love it - so don't worry - she'll soon make friends and have a great few days - then sleep in the car all the way home!

• Like 1

A classical leotard means a plain coloured leotard (usually black or another dark colour) in a simple style i.e. no fancy trims or lots of straps and normally with spagetti straps. As Millie3 has said above probably your dds normal class/exam leotard will be fine. I think a lot of youngsters use these courses as a chance to wear a special leotard that perhaps doesn't get much wear otherwise but if there is a demonstration for parents at the end it looks a lot neater if they are all wearing something similar

• Like 1

My DD will be there too, she went last year and took a variety of strappy leotards but wore the plainest darkest for the ballet classes and a belt (because she likes to not because she had to). For the jazz and contemporary she wore little shorts over her tights and leo or cropped leggings and either a vest or t-shirt too.

The houseparents are lovely and the kids are generally in a dorm with several their own age, and they all make friends quickly, and help each other do their buns etc. My dd says it's like living at Hogwarts! They are kept busy the whole time, and I'm sure she will be fine.

• Like 1