Looking for a dance school in York area

Alexa

Hello fellow Yorkie! I live in Holgate so not too far away. I go to Kelly Clarey at the Patricia Veale School of Dance (http://pvealeschoolofdancerad.co.uk/) who is really good - only RAD teacher in York who goes up to advanced. She is quite ballet focussed but also does tap and modern (and jazz I think but not certain). On a Saturday I go to Danceworks (http://www.yorkdanceworks.co.uk/) and the teacher they have there (Sharon for intermediate; not sure if she does the younger ones) is really really good too, and I think they do more of the other stuff if you're looking for somewhere all-round. Neither of them mind me going to both though.

Do ask if you have any more questions! Do you dance at all?!

• Like 1

Hi emsloves2dance, I looked at the website and noted the dates, but I understand these classes are in addition to her regular ballet classes and the form requires her teachers signature... Is this the case? I could ask her previous teacher in southport to sign it. Also, how tough are the auditions? My daughter has successfully auditioned for EYB a number of times, and is doing the York one this summer, but these seem fairly easy to get into.... What do you think? Thanks, alexa

• 3 months later...

I would love to hear your experiences of the scholarship centre in york - how hard is it to get into and how many do they take each September? thanks ;)

Hi and welcome I have only heard very positive things about York scholars, they are running a summer school closing date June 20th

Good luck

Ax