Residential summer schools

Lemongirl

Can anyone recommend a residential summer school that you don't have to audition for? 

Dd is keen to do something in the summer and is happy to do a residential course.  Plus it's much less running around for me!  She's 11 and RAD Grade 4 standard.

Where abouts in the country are you? There's Midas in Birmingham or Yorkshire ballet assembly that I know of, both take students that age and level without auditions. RAD run summer schools too in a couple of areas.

Spanner - I was actually thinking of the LCB performance course which looks great. Only problem is, the dates are fine for dd who finishes school on 5th July, but most of her friends haven't broken up yet and if she doesn't find someone to go with I'll be going backwards and forwards to Hammersmith myself every day that week.  With 2 younger dds that's going to be a pain!

Do you know if it's near the tube?

No, it's at St Paul's School in Barnes, so no tube station nearby. It's about 10 mins from Hammersmith on the 419. The performance course is for 12-16 yr olds so I take it your dd will be 12 by the summer?

• 4 weeks later...

Yorkshire Assembly, held at Queen Margaret's school near York - 4 days, children from 9 I think to ?17 (the younger ones share dorms of 4, older ones from 14ish are in 2 bedded rooms) - ballet, contemporary, jazz. Brenda Last teaches the more advanced/older groups, other teachers include Gill Caplan.

Can anyone tell us more about MIDAS in Birmingham mentioned in this post? Dates are great for us, but not sure if residential in view of the price. Too far for us to travel on a daily basis from Hampshire. Also any ideas of Summer schools which DD could travel to from Hampshire, possibly on her own?

More about Summer schools, currently trying to sort! My DD has always done RAD ballet, is it ok to attend the Cecchetti Summer school? Not sure how different types of ballet vary!

My dd is RAD also, and she went to the Cecchetti summer school last year. We recently had details about this year's one from them and it says they accept applications from students studying any method.

Hi All,

finally found my password to get back on the site.Just a bit of info about the Cecchetti summer school held at tring ,They are now accepting students aged 16-- 18 studying at intermediate level . I think this is a great idea as they want to accommodate those children who are not necessarily going into vocational schools but still love and enjoy their dancing . They have some great teachers this year too.

Anyway I just thought i would let you know 

love 

petipacat