shoes for auditions (yr7)

When is the audition? If not for a couple of weeks, start wearing the new ones now. When vocational school children have assesments they are told to have clean shoes and point shoes for older students. My daughter calomines her point shoes just before assesment but will not wear new shoes on the day, they will be worn and broken in.

• Like 1

Auditions for vocational schools next wee. Dd wore well worn in full soles for the last one but was surprised to see that nearly all the others had split soles on. I know it is better to wear worn in shoes but was wondering if a) hers are a little too worn in and B) is she at a disadvantage having full soles if others are showing off their arches in split soles?

more worrying is that she auditioning at her next wee - that could be anytime this morning !! I think most children wear split soles for auditions but I think its still best to wear shoes they are used to wearing. If she can wear the new ones as much as possible this week even when not dancing they will probably bed in quite well. :)

• Like 2

I would say wear whatever she feels most comfortable dancing in. It will make no difference to the outcome of the audition - the schools are not going to be influenced either by how clean the shoes are or whether they are split-sole or full-sole. They will be able to spot a 'good' hard-working foot regardless of the shoe and will almost certainly look at them in bare feet as well anyway. It is always a good idea to present yourself well so if she decides to wear the old shoes make sure they look the best they can but don't stress about it. On they other hand if she feels happier to wear split soles a week of wear around the house and a couple of classes should be fine to mould them to her foot. More important check elastics are well-sewn on, don't worry about it and tell her to just enjoy herself - good luck.

• Like 7