ENB School Finals

A Proud Mum

Thanks for the support. I know it's only finals and DD hasn't actually been offered a place yet but I have just spent the whole evening thoroughly depressed about next year now, whereas before I would have been really excited.

Proud Mum - you need to read the DaDA 2013 thread if you want to know about DaDAs.

It was with very mixed feelings that I read the No letter for my DD.

I was sad that she hadn't been chosen but incredibly relieved that we were spared the agony of knowing we could not afford it anyway if she had got a place.

She is still doing Central's final and is auditioning for DADA funding at her own school with the hope they may be able to find alternative funding (or carry over her bursary).

Well done everyone who got invited to the finals and my sympathies for those who DADAs are out of the question.

T

edited for typo

Edited by Dragonlady
  • Like 2

I think the new dadas will be unworkable for most families.... And I agree, sadly, the only way for the powers that be to realise this is for the schools to tell them first choice candidates are unable to take up places...assuming, that is, that the powers that be care enough!

• Like 1

ENBS was my third no out of the three schools I auditioned for. I was hoping to try and do a last minute audition at Hammond for a back up but they're not longer taking applications so I'm at home for another year :(

To be honest I knew I wasnt really ready for full time training but I don't know how i can possibly try and reach the required standard for next years auditions - local training is very limited, as are associates for over 16's.

I feel a bit stuck really as to what to do :s

Pointytoes, I would look at the option of going somewhere like Kate Simmons or YDA or even look at Royal Conservatoire Scotland as they have just extended their closing date to end of March. Not sure where you live but maybe start a new thread and ask for suggestions :)

Evening, just had a look at The Dada awards it seems the more one earns the more one has to pay towards the training if given a place after the finals..

So people who fall in the low income category seem to be ok, also spoke to the vocational school about it, and, it is based on the family income.

Not quite true though.....dd's friend is on a low income, but can only afford to audition for one school - there's audition costs, travel, overnight accommodation and if offered a place the maintenance grant only covers a small part leaving those on low incomes still having to find thousands of pounds. The school she's auditioning for is close to relatives so no maintenance needed.

We're not on a high income (over £33,000 but under £50,000, but with 2 dd's auditioning for 2014, there's no way we could find £30,000 per year as there's no allowances for more than 1 child :(  

• Like 2