auditions for existing students

Guest Autumn days

Guest Autumn days

Are existing students at those schools that have a lower school given priority over places in the 6th form? Do they audition alongside everyone else or are places offered internally? I have heard varying reports about this and would love to hear from someone who knows what really goes on! send me a message if you don't want to go public! thanks!

At Elmhurst and Hammond year 11s audition alongside everyone else so I do not know that they would be given priority. I think somone posted on here before that continuity at Tring is excellent and that year 11s can usually go into the sixth form.  Not sure about RBS.  And welcome to the forum - love the name.

At Hammond all the interested year 11's have to audition with the external candidates, in the same audition classes. I know of a few there who did not make it past the first cut and a few others then not offered a chance at the funding places....

All the rest of the internal candidates will audition alongside the successful external DADA auditionees early in March....nothing is taken for granted and as far as I can tell, it is a level playing field.

T

At Tring last year some, not all, of the students on mds were advised that they could keep them through 6th form. There aren't that many on mds anyway. Everyone else had to audition for dada along with everyone else, both non mds kids from school and candidates from outside.

• Like 2

My dd's teacher thinks that it is pretty much a level playing field everywhere (as Dragonlady says) and that everyone from all the schools, plus non-vocational students and international candidates are all thrown into the mix and auditioned alongside one another. Mind you, presumably those who have been full-time will stand a slightly greater chance - since they've had the benefit of years of vocational training already. Maybe the overseas candidates stand a good chance too, because they wouldn't travel half way round the world to audition unless they were some of the best in their own countries(?).

• Like 2

DD just returned from Tring DADA audition today as an external candidate. Whilst none of the existing Tring students were in her audition there were a couple in the audition after her.

Maybe they were ones without existing MDS funding. So I think that qualifies a a reasonably level playing field.